Injury Hampson - Knee

Remove this Banner Ad

So Warnock comes in then. Sucks that Hampson is out though he was in some top form. Great that we have the depth to cover him getting injured though. Something that couldn't be said a couple of years ago.

Lets hope Warnock can find some really good form so he can help Kreuzer as much as possible.

s**t news.

Watched the replay last night and Hammer was outstanding, particularly the first quarter. He's always been good in the ruck, but has struggled around the ground. He has clearly been working on that, and the results were showing. Did a couple of outstanding things for a bloke his size.

This obviously makes Warnock an absolute certainty to play senior footy, and that is a great luxury. Warnock too is good in the middle but has struggled around the ground, so hopefully this gives him the chance to improve that aspect of his game and really stake his claim as part of the best rucking duo at the club.

The good news is that Hammer should be back by finals and after a few games back in the Bullants should be able to put serious pressure on the big boys in the seniors. A fit and firing list in September is vital, and whilst this is s**t news, he could be back when it really counts.

This is terrible news. I wanted him dropped early in the season where he was just woeful as a forward and couldn't catch a beach-ball. However, he has really proven me wrong over the last few weeks and has found some really good form. Hopefully he only misses 6 weeks and comes back fit and strong.

As for who replaces him though, I have to agree with those who said Warnock should come in. I like O'hAilpin as much as the next guy, and his ability to play either key forward or ruck is great. However, we're facing two really really good ruckmen against West Coast, and with Kreuzer still finding his feet again at AFL level (despite how well he played yesterday), we can't afford to play a part-timer like O'hAilpin. As for whoever mentioned Henderson in the ruck, well, that just made me cringe. Warnock and Kreuzer are, in my opinion, our two best ruckmen when healthy and in form. Hampson has shown that he is right up there when in form, but with him obviously unavailable, Warnock and Kreuzer surely has to be who we go with.

I'm an advocate of Warnock and prefer him to Hampson by some, but he did start slowing down after round 5.
His pre-season was terrific, he started on fire and then ............?

Still have the confidence in the guy and let's hope he fires up the way Hamspon did when given a second chance, or otherwise...........................................................................O'hAilpin :eek:

Of course, Warnock's form was quite poor just prior to the concussion vs Geelong.

The point I was making is that he's a fantastic 'reserve' to have up our sleeve, waiting in the Bullants. Most clubs would love to have the luxury of having a ruckman of Warnock's calibre waiting in the wings.

He's a quality player and I'll back him to play himself into some good form. It may not be immediate but it will come.

Absolute shizen news. Last few weeks Hammer looked like he had turned the corner and was more than impressive. His confidence was sky high and his grabs were sticking. Was very much looking forward to see if he could keep it going. Hopefully he comes back stonger than ever. Hopefully Warnock can pick up where hammer left off.

Well that just sucks, have to admit havn't been his greatest fan but was starting to show quite a lot, disappointing for him just as he was getting confident. :thumbsdown:

Hampson was favouring that knee 1 if not 2 weeks ago. There was an obvious issue with it and to be honest I thought he would have gone out for this game due to it. Hate to point the finger but I do question the call on playing him. I think he aggrevated an existing problem that should have been investigated.

At a distance we've had reasons to question a few calls in recent times.

Austin (In the Ants)
Lucas (Last Year)
Mitchell's return after a shoulder
Collins's return after a shoulder
Curnow being allowed to play after his shoulder.

Just questioning..
I often have been shot down when questioning medical calls
Nice to know somebody agrees

Absolutely shattered for Hammer, was getting better with every game, just when he was showing some good improving form this has to happen. Geez injuries suck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't been Hammers biggest fan by any stretch, but, as others have previously mentioned, he was showing some great improvement lately.

Shame he got the injury now, but we all know he's a great trainer so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back closer to the 6 wks. Strong quads should help too.

Absolutely shattered for Hammer, was getting better with every game, just when he was showing some good improving form this has to happen. Geez injuries suck

Well said I had given up any hope re him long ago, however last two weeks he was starting to look a good player

I think warnock will lift his form now knowing that nobody will be competing for his position for atleast a month and a half. He will be able to relax and settle into his position. On the other hand his form in the VFL wasnt that good. But its great having this depth when things like this happen.

A gunslinger complaining about getting shot at? Thats rich :p

Was it the knee with all the strapping or the other one?
Pretty sure the same one
and the way my legs are feeling somebody shoot me please

Bad luck Hammer, watch the tape of your last 2 games & believe after another 50 games you can be a gun.

Cox & Sandilands were no better than you at same age.

He's probably the guy who benefits more than anyone else at the club from continuity in his game, he always looks shaky when he comes into the team and really gets it together after a few weeks. Rotten luck and really disappointing to see his season set back like this.

So spot on I thought I'd died and come back as an RSL dartboard. :thumbsu:

Gotta really feel for Hammer here. Easily in career best form - hopefully he can still have some impact in 2011. Warnock has been gifted a second chance, and he really should grab it with both hands, because, on form, he is third in line. Didn't think i'd be saying that from what I saw him achieve during the preseason.

Gotta really feel for Hammer here. Easily in career best form - hopefully he can still have some impact in 2011. Warnock has been gifted a second chance, and he really should grab it with both hands, because, on form, he is third in line. Didn't think i'd be saying that from what I saw him achieve during the preseason.
it is a long season but will be tough to return and have an impact
club may shelve him

Hammer will take 6-8 weeks, which puts us on the verge of finals (bye in round 21).
Hard to see him getting the form under his belt, and as Sin said, he usually takes a couple of weeks to get going again. Should we need a back-uip ruck in the finals it would be a tough choice between him and Setanta. You know what you will get with Setanta.......and Hammer at his best is better, but if he didn't fire it could cost us....

More tough calls for the MC.

For those wondering about trade values etc........this is why we have the 3 rucks......we already got rid of Sauce, but I think we should work our but off to keep Kreuzer, Hammer and Warnock for as long as we can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back