Autopsy Handball happy Pies and other stats...

Remove this Banner Ad

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Ive been having a quick look at the stats and found some interesting tidbits.

The pies are number one with a bullet by hand.
1348 handballs to lead comfortably over second placed St Kilda’s 1243. I don’t mind it personally, the less we have to kick the less likely we’ll clang by foot.

Goal kicking accuracy. 2nd behind the Hawks. A very pleasant turn of events given our usual woeful returns. For the record the numbers still aren’t amazing with the hawks are 56% and we are 54%.

First for total disposals. I guess this follows from the first for total handballs thing. Takes longer to get down the ground by hand than foot.

4th for contested possessions (1078).Happy with that but it must be said that the dees are number one (1150) and average 10 more per game than us.

5th for total clearances (265). The Swans are number one (286) but you’d think the small ground up north would have a large impact on that.

Efficiency inside 50 - 13th. Boo!! Thankfully we are accurate when we do get a shot away because this is an area of concern. Wonder if Fas and Wells could make a difference. Even Daicos?

Contested marks 9th. Playing the Cats this week who are first. Something to be concerned about.

Hit outs 4th. Grundy performing well and Cox does very well with his limited opportunities also. WC leading the way but Max Gawn is a standout averaging nearly 14 pg more than Grundy.

Turnovers 5th. Not ideal given we are handball happy. 9th for total kicks suggests that we haven’t quite got it right in terms of maintaining possession. The suns lead the way in this unfortunate category.

Marks inside 50 15th. Pretty woeful really. Again, Fas, Elliott, Wells will all help with these numbers but it’s an area we need to sort out. It’s an area the reigning premiers are very strong in.

Let’s finish with some positives....

Number one for free kicks for. Equal first with the Lions on 24.3 per game. I know, the scumps hate us, Dave, but still not a bad result.

And to compound that remarkable result, 3rd last for frees against!! Averaging a lowly 19. Not too shabby when coupled with our ‘for’ stats. Imagine how we’d be fairing if the Scumps loved us, Dave!

The free kick numbers look good for us but the types of free kicks for and against bother me.

With the free kicks against us, a lot seemed to result in goals scored to opposition. Curious to see what the stats are for scores from and against free kicks are.

With the free kicks for us, a lot of the time the opposition just annoyingly held up so much time giving the ball back to allow them to get into position. I know every team does his but opposition always seem to take longer to return the ball than our guys do.

must say the goal kicking accuracy has been a pleasant surprise so far this year. Particularly noticeable against Carlton & Brisbane.

Number one for free kicks for.

This cant be true!

latest

Terrific work DWil6

Good to see GC leading something, the poor sods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back