Hands in the back petition...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone think it would be worth starting a petition to deliver to the AFL re the hands in the back rule??? Or at least to send into KB at SEN??

This rule has already had a serious impact on the result of at least one games this season. Something needs to be done

That would be the worst thing possible.

You know what AndyD is like.... if there was a petition and overwhelming support to can it, he would keep it.

Best thing we can possibly do is say we love the new rule!!!!!!!!!!

That would be the worst thing possible.

You know what AndyD is like.... if there was a petition and overwhelming support to can it, he would keep it.

Best thing we can possibly do is say we love the new rule!!!!!!!!!!
exactly. just like i use to love having a kick out on the ground after a game...

Anyone think it would be worth starting a petition to deliver to the AFL re the hands in the back rule??? Or at least to send into KB at SEN??

This rule has already had a serious impact on the result of at least one games this season. Something needs to be done
Worth trying. Current situation is like 'tiggy touch wood'. How would you go about it? The fascist would scoff at it and say -it's only a minority of 20,000 !
And KB is the most obstinate bloke I've ever met!

The only way they would even think about listening to fans is if nobody turned up to the games one round in protest. Which would never happen and wouldn't be fair on the home teams.

Is that the same one where the tiges got a gimme goal from a non existent hands in the back. :confused:

Shortly after the Dons got a 50m penalty for Kane Johnston stopping Monfries from playing on.

Forget this particular game and think about the game as a whole. This rule is pathetic.

lol at the Essendon fans ... and we get accused of denial.

Look, the Richo free was hardly in the spirit of the game, and you won by over a goal, but the goal was after the siren and the Tiges might have been 6 up with hardly any time to go. If anything the rule has taken the gloss off your win, which I think is also not fair. Get rid of the rule and you will get rid of this situation.

also, it was against Richo, and that always makes me sad :(

The only thing that would make demetriou take notice is dwindling crowds. That will take some time.

Best thing to do is build a bridge and get over it.

The rule is here to stay.

Most players will adapt.

The umpires will get better. They'll still miss the odd one, but the players will be wary of infringing.

The game will be better in the long run.

The dumb football followers will STILL be idiots, unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back