Movies & TV Hangar Anime Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as I know, we don't have a thread for the wonderful world of Anime! If you enjoy the viewing of these Japanese styled cartoons, this is your thread! What are you currently watching? What did you used to watch? Who's your favourite character?

I personally watch One Piece a lot. It's one of my favourite shows of all time. Just has everything, action, character development, a simple storyline but a background theme that is just as significant. Biggest issue is that they take TOO BLOODY LONG in a single arc.

I used to love Pokemon, Digimon and Dragon Ball Z but after they broke from the originals it became rather s**t. Although I'm going to watch Pokemon again soon since Misty will be returning to our screens on Friday (US time).

Over to you guys

This thread is going well haha

I’ll post my top 10 Anime a little later today
One month later be like:

DSAFyN2.jpg

And finally my top 10

1. Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood
2. One Piece
3. Bobobo-bo-bobobo
4. Dragonball Z
5. Code Geass
6. Mr Osomatsu
7. Mightiest Disciple Kenichi
8. Steins Gate
9. Attack On Titan
10. Clannad: Afterstory

My-Hero-Academia.jpg

One of the best new anime to come out in a long time, 3rd season starts very soon. Anyone who is a fan of stuff like Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Naruto type anime will love this. Great cast of characters and with barely any filler

Edit: image isn’t showing for some reason but yeah the show is called My Hero Academia and the wait for the new season has me like this..
BFFF629D-FE88-4913-B88B-262867E39BA9.gif

Last edited:
For you eth-dog, the people in the comments hating on the dub can get ****** haha

Honestly, after going with the sub for ~300 episodes I can't watch the dub anymore. Sub is so much better.

Honestly, after going with the sub for ~300 episodes I can't watch the dub anymore. Sub is so much better.
I still prefer the dub, some of the voice actors are my favorites from all anime. The dub compared to a lot of other dubbed anime is actually one of the very best. The actors for Usopp, Franky and Brook especially i find way better in Dub with the others i could give or take.

I've been re-watching Yu Yu Hakusho lately, been quite a while since i've gone through it, still really enjoy it and just learnt they're going to be coming out with a new special on the 25th anniversary dvd which should be pretty sweet. Guessing I'll have to wait a while for the dub tho.

I still prefer the dub, some of the voice actors are my favorites from all anime. The dub compared to a lot of other dubbed anime is actually one of the very best. The actors for Usopp, Franky and Brook especially i find way better in Dub with the others i could give or take.
It's a very good dub in comparison to many but Luffy's voice actor grates at me now haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* the last two months of One Piece has been mint. I can't wait to see Katakuri vs Luffy
I've been re-watching Yu Yu Hakusho lately, been quite a while since i've gone through it, still really enjoy it and just learnt they're going to be coming out with a new special on the 25th anniversary dvd which should be pretty sweet. Guessing I'll have to wait a while for the dub tho.
Is that the underworld detective one?

**** the last two months of One Piece has been mint. I can't wait to see Katakuri vs Luffy

Is that the underworld detective one?
Spirit world detective, but yeah, tomayto tomato. It's really worth a watch, the first saga (20 or so eps) is kinda eh but it serves as a good introduction to the main cast and really picks up from there.

Spirit world detective, but yeah, tomayto tomato. It's really worth a watch, the first saga (20 or so eps) is kinda eh but it serves as a good introduction to the main cast and really picks up from there.
I remember it being recommended to me. I'll try to watch a bit to see what it's like

eth-dog how good was the Katakuri part last week, first time i realized that the same voice actor plays Gintoki in Gintama, he does humour well.
I'm ashamed to say that I don't want to watch OP until the Kata/Luffy fight is done so I can just watch it straight through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back