Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
I understand that this is a touchy subject. The fact that this person has a need to live like a woman has nothing to do with this question of where this person plays.
I have worked with a person several years ago who went through a complete change operation the lot, and to me that is fine because it was really what the person I knew they needed ,because this person was not happy , it had effected them all of their life.
Born in the wrong body, that is what Hannah Bouncey is like I guess.
But take all that out of the equation and look at the sport itself , womens AFL, and this person I 've just watched on Mike Sheehan should not be playing womens AFL at all.
Because her body change has not changed that much, she may be in the process, but she still has all the attributes of a large male, and it is unfair that she plays against women.
Male bulk is much much bigger than female bulk, discussing Sandilands and smaller players , well I see some pretty nuggety sorts of shorter footballer s that can still make a tackle on a person that size and bring him down, it happens. Paul Puopolo is an example of a powerful but short, but full bodied male footballer , he has the bulk.

I suspect Hannah has not done the full change, and I believe after watching, that this person has an extremely unfair advantage .
Over I'd say very close to 100 % of the girls .

I wish Hannah all the best in her life and her eventual change, (my opinion, she hasn't yet)
but if she still carries her male sexual parts then what ever hormones she may be on, she should not be playing as a woman considering her size and bulk .

What I saw in Sheehans program that I'd recorded, was a big male being interviewed.
And film of a big male playing football , against much less bulky females , and still male in that sense.

I believe it to be unfair totally.

the other women are scared of speaking out because of the backlash they would recieve. i feel bad for all the death threats hannah is getting because no one deserves that s**t. but there is no logical argument that hannah should be able to play aflw or vflw

the other women are scared of speaking out because of the backlash they would recieve. i feel bad for all the death threats hannah is getting because no one deserves that s**t. but there is no logical argument that hannah should be able to play aflw or vflw
She brings upon the s**t her/himself. Look in the mirror Hannah you are clearly not female sized and should not be competing with women.

She brings upon the s**t her/himself. Look in the mirror Hannah you are clearly not female sized and should not be competing with women.
watching some of the aflw they struggle to kick the pill 35m hannah played at punt road against the richmond vflw side and kicked a goal from the centre square it bounced like once.

I understand that this is a touchy subject. The fact that this person has a need to live like a woman has nothing to do with this question of where this person plays.
I have worked with a person several years ago who went through a complete change operation the lot, and to me that is fine because it was really what the person I knew they needed ,because this person was not happy , it had effected them all of their life.
Born in the wrong body, that is what Hannah Bouncey is like I guess.
But take all that out of the equation and look at the sport itself , womens AFL, and this person I 've just watched on Mike Sheehan should not be playing womens AFL at all.
Because her body change has not changed that much, she may be in the process, but she still has all the attributes of a large male, and it is unfair that she plays against women.
Male bulk is much much bigger than female bulk, discussing Sandilands and smaller players , well I see some pretty nuggety sorts of shorter footballer s that can still make a tackle on a person that size and bring him down, it happens. Paul Puopolo is an example of a powerful but short, but full bodied male footballer , he has the bulk.

I suspect Hannah has not done the full change, and I believe after watching, that this person has an extremely unfair advantage .
Over I'd say very close to 100 % of the girls .

I wish Hannah all the best in her life and her eventual change, (my opinion, she hasn't yet)
but if she still carries her male sexual parts then what ever hormones she may be on, she should not be playing as a woman considering her size and bulk .

What I saw in Sheehans program that I'd recorded, was a big male being interviewed.
And film of a big male playing football , against much less bulky females , and still male in that sense.

I believe it to be unfair totally.
Not sure why you are singling Hannah out. Disparity in size is an issue in AFL, Nick Naitanui got a week recently for a tackle which was considered to be illegitimate due to the size difference of the player he tackled.

Quote from tribunal
Gleeson said that ultimately Naitanui had acted with excessive force, saying that the disparity in the players’ size - which Naitanui estimated to be 30 kilograms - needed to be considered by Naitanui in order for him to carry out his duty of care towards other players.

I've always thought that to play competitive footy you needed balls. Then the women got going and I thought maybe you don't need them but now I'm confused as f*ck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back