Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2008
Shisha bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am so frickin excited about him right now. Was in the papers this whole week and sounded like he wanted to be in charge of the backline (no ifs, buts and maybes).
First two weeks, he cakes Miller and then Hahn whilst providing great support for the other boys down back.
Dare we dream of not-in-the-too-distant future having in our team the best centre half back in the comp? No pressure Lachie:D

He played on Hill a bit too. Hill was a good player for them, running forward of the ball. Very slippery.

Overall, I liked Lachie's game today. If we had a skills coach he might teach him to pass the ball with authority (like McMahon and Pratt do), instead of chipping it over his teammates head so he's a sitting duck.

Pretty hard to walk away disappointed from the game when you see this guy's and Jack's performances. Really bloody exciting.

He is at that stage of exponential improvement now - this is the second week in a row he's played his best game.

I don't understand the surprise. FFS, a KPP top 3 pick who played finals in his first year, then took a step the next - winning us games off his own boot - and now that extra pre season weight and mongrel.

It was always going to happen.

As long as we keep him back for the next three years, not pissfartibng around with him on a wing or as a hit forward or any of thios crap, bloke will be a star.

One question re Hansen - why do his drop punts spin so feverishly? It makes his kicks `hang' in the air a bit too long for my liking. Needs to work on trying to penetrate a bit better with his kicking - just a technique thing. I'm sure the club will be right onto it as they did with Petrie & Harding's kicking for goal, Simpson & Rawling's kicking etc.

Will be better than Fairley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One question re Hansen - why do his drop punts spin so feverishly? It makes his kicks `hang' in the air a bit too long for my liking. Needs to work on trying to penetrate a bit better with his kicking - just a technique thing. I'm sure the club will be right onto it as they did with Petrie & Harding's kicking for goal, Simpson & Rawling's kicking etc.

You know its quite funny, I remember Harding used to kick the ball with the (footballs) lace facing the boot instead of the 'normal' way. The reason for doing so was that it spun better. Wonder if he still does it, or if that theory was even proven at all.

You know its quite funny, I remember Harding used to kick the ball with the (footballs) lace facing the boot instead of the 'normal' way. The reason for doing so was that it spun better. Wonder if he still does it, or if that theory was even proven at all.

Sigh...those hanging spinners remind me of Eduardo 'the mexican' Sansbury. Would have been nice to have him kick five on Cooney today.;)

Can't let Hansens performance today go without commenting.

He looked more comfortable today than I have ever seen him. He was tough, he read the play well and he made good disposal decisions.

I was sitting amongst a huuuge group of 70+ yo Bulldog supporters and he was a constant source of headaches for the bingo bus crowd. Our backline as a whole functioned well today imo, it was the first glimpse of a backline that had a future.

Best game he's played at AFL level, get excited.

Looks so comfortable down back, the sky's the limit with him IMO.

I am pleased to say I think North were fortunate to have ended up with Hansen rather than Gumby in the 2006 draft. It was line ball and in the end Essendon opted for Gumby instead and although he could potentially be a great player, looks like he is very injury prone. Not what we need.
I think Hansen is going to be champion CHB!

Was really happy to see him play down back. It was always said he is a natural CHB, yet we have tried in our wisdom, to put him a little bit everywhere, "he's not big enough yet", "we need to ease him in", are the cries we have heard.

Amazingly, his form in the first 2 games of this season confirm is a natural backman. Who'd have thunk it?

Yesterday in particular saw him position himself perfectly more times than I could count. Read the play beautifully coming towards him, and just like he spoke about in the news article, he backed himself to read the play and beat his opponent to the right spot. He did exactly that and I think we should back him in to do it more times than not.

I am excited that we are finally doing what we should with him, and that he has responded so well to the faith put in him. Excellent start to the year.:thumbsu:

Big task next weekend on either Buddy or Roughead , at least i hope he gets a gig on one of those two

He's actually a pretty good match up for Buddy isn't he? Quick, agile & unflustered.... Roughhead might be a bit too strong for him at the moment, especially if they got body on body..

Good times coming with Lachie:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back