on this day.........

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
only asking cos city have spent nearly half your life in the championship and League 1.

Not sure what this has to do with what I said...? o_O

City were a nothing club for most of the PL era, but any season where you have a player score in the 93rd minute of the final game to win the league is exciting whether it's a fairytale like Leicester or one of the usual suspects.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Not sure what this has to do with what I said...? o_O

City were a nothing club for most of the PL era, but any season where you have a player score in the 93rd minute of the final game to win the league is exciting whether it's a fairytale like Leicester or one of the usual suspects.
haha i think I misread your post. Thought you were saying that you grew up hoping City would lose every week when they were rarely relevant or on TV during our lifetimes

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mancini was too cautious wasn't he? I remember a game at the Emirates when he did a Mou and parked the bus playing for a 0-0 when he really needed and could have got a win. Perhaps that was more a one off though I dunno

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't get the hate for harry he was good imo, but poch could be best manager in the world within 3years
Harry had us playing some lovely stuff at times. Think the hatred comes literally by the way he talks - because he is a bit of a commoner. Snobby people don't like him

Mancini was too cautious wasn't he? I remember a game at the Emirates when he did a Mou and parked the bus playing for a 0-0 when he really needed and could have got a win. Perhaps that was more a one off though I dunno
He didnt take a lot of risks but we played some beautiful football under Mancini (1-6 at Old Trafford, 1-5 I think at Spurs).

What he did though was control games, especially at home where we were near unbeatable.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He didnt take a lot of risks but we played some beautiful football under Mancini (1-6 at Old Trafford, 1-5 I think at Spurs).

What he did though was control games, especially at home where we were near unbeatable.
11/12 for sure. That game at Arsenal the season before sticks in my memory because of all the flak he got. Deserved his title though

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Harry had us playing some lovely stuff at times. Think the hatred comes literally by the way he talks - because he is a bit of a commoner. Snobby people don't like him
That's actually part of the reason I love Arry. Wish he was still in the premier league, I thought he was great value haha

Back