Happy Australia Day 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets self mortify forever then eh...lets never move on as a country eh. Yes i personally know stolen generation people for a very large part of my life and know exactly their life stories and what they endured. I also know that they were very pointed about how far we have come as a country too.

So i don't need you to come here and moralise to us who had nothing to do with what happened a long time ago. Its people that suffer the bigotry of low expectation with our indigenous peoples that are the biggest roadblocks to the future of these people.

No you will never know what the Stolen Generation have endured and every Stolen Generation person I have spoken to is not pointed at how far we have come. They hurt about the gap in education, health. health literacy and life expectancy much of which is related to the intergenerational trauma caused by Stolen Generation.

No you will never know what the Stolen Generation have endured and every Stolen Generation person I have spoken to is not pointed at how far we have come. They hurt about the gap in education, health. health literacy and life expectancy much is which is related to the intergenerational trauma caused by Stolen Generation.
Whilst heartbreaking, what has that issue got to do with Australia day?

Why hasn’t one of the moderators moved this **** to the politics thread.

I checked out the politics thread a few years ago and have never returned. It is inhabited by ideologues who are just batshit crazy. It is a good way to find who to avoid in the FOOTY Threads.

And suddenly it is obvious who Sir Ronald Mac is, not your best alias.

Whilst heartbreaking, what has that issue got to do with Australia day?

It has everything to do with Australia today, until we mend the hurt, help people heal, the gap will never ever close. I appreciate your empathy of saying it is heartbreaking.

It has everything to do with Australia today, until we mend the hurt, help people heal, the gap will never ever close. I appreciate your empathy of saying it is heartbreaking.
Wasn't that what KRudd addressed with the apology? I mean, we are talking about Australia day, not the broader issues around our aboriginal citizens.

Wasn't that what KRudd addressed with the apology? I mean, we are talking about Australia day, not the broader issues around our aboriginal citizens.

Thank you for the civilised discussion on this. Aren't the broader issues of Aboriginal people a part of Australia today? From my perspective Rudds apology was nice but it was words and actions have not followed. Only actions will heal.

Thank you for the civilised discussion on this. Aren't the broader issues of Aboriginal people a part of Australia today? From my perspective Rudds apology was nice but it was words and actions have not followed. Only actions will heal.
Yes, but they are not part of the Australia day discussion. No matter how much people such as you try to shoehorn it in. No country is perfect, no culture is perfect (would you like me to point out the horrific violent crimes carried out between various aboriginal tribes?).

The point is, changing the date will not make a difference because people opposed to this date will be opposed to any date.

Yes, but they are not part of the Australia day discussion. No matter how much people such as you try to shoehorn it in. No country is perfect, no culture is perfect (would you like me to point out the horrific violent crimes carried out between various aboriginal tribes?).

The point is, changing the date will not make a difference because people opposed to this date will be opposed to any date.

Well, I will tell you every Aboriginal person I have spoken to will be happy with the date change. Celebrate our country all you like, just don't do it in that date. We celebrate the British arriving, most countries celebrate them leaving.

And what are your comments on the well documented violence against including rape of women and minors in these indigenous settlements inflicted by their own people, often family relatives?

Is this meant to be some sort of gotcha moment or something. Any rape, murder or violence is horrific. You think it doesn't hurt to see some of our communities in turmoil, broken, fractured. You are simply reinforcing everything I am saying.

Well, I will tell you every Aboriginal person I have spoken to will be happy with the date change. Celebrate our country all you like, just don't do it in that date. We celebrate the British arriving, most countries celebrate them leaving.
I'm sure the people of Hong Kong, for example, would disagree with you.

You don't think changing the date from the arrival of the 1st fleet to another day will make a difference?

Are you living under a rock?

We need a date that the vast majority of Australians are comfortable with to celebrate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what are your comments on the well documented violence against including rape of women and minors in these indigenous settlements inflicted by their own people, often family relatives?
What are the underlying reasons for the significantly higher incarceration rate of aboriginals, compared to non-aboriginals?

You don't think changing the date from the arrival of the 1st fleet to another day will make a difference?

We need a date that the vast majority of Australians are comfortable with to celebrate.
You're naive Kane. The poster illustrated my point exactly... there will always be something to complain about. He wants the British to leave, last I looked all Anglo Australians were British.

You're naive Kane. The poster illustrated my point exactly... there will always be something to complain about. He wants the British to leave, last I looked all Anglo Australians were British.
No, you are naive... as I was replying to your post which said changing the date will make no difference, which is BS!

It's a case of when not if the date changes.

Hence why I wrote 'most'.
Tell me, why can't celebration and reflection exist on the same day. Should we move ANZAC Day because of the horrors that occurred to Australians on that day?

It is possible to celebrate all that is good about Australia and at the same time reflect on how we could be better. Rather than just moving the date so we don't have to think about it.

Where did I ask the British to leave? I want the date gone and the Union Jack removed from the flag. I ask nothing else in that regard. I look a bit Anglo as well. A bit Aboriginal, a bit Anglo. Thats why I was Stolen from my family. Wasn't white enough, wasn't black enough. Creamies and Half Castes is what they called us.

Where did I ask the British to leave? I want the date gone and the Union Jack removed from the flag. I ask nothing else in that regard. I look a bit Anglo as well. A bit Aboriginal, a bit Anglo. Thats why I was Stolen from my family. Wasn't white enough, wasn't black enough. Creamies and Half Castes is what they called us.
I was stolen from my mother because society deemed it morally wrong for her to have a child. Took me 51 years to find her. You don't hear me bleating about it.

I was stolen from my mother because society deemed it morally wrong for her to have a child. Took me 51 years to find her. You don't hear me bleating about it.

Sorry you deem me sharing my story as bleating. What you went though is another Stolen Generation. Horrible what took place, just horrific. I never found my Mum, she took her own life after being raped, beaten and losing at least 5 of her kids. Never found my brothers or sisters. I will leave the discussion now that you deem me as a bleating. All the best. Glad you found your Mum. I can't even really remember what my Mum looks like.

Sorry you deem me sharing my story as bleating. What you went though is another Stolen Generation. Horrible what took place, just horrific. I never found my Mum, she took her own life after being raped, beaten and losing at least 5 of her kids. Never found my brothers or sisters. I will leave the discussion now that you deem me as a bleating. All the best. Glad you found your Mum. I can't even really remember what my Mum looks like.
Yep, horrific, unjust, painful. I agree. But I'm still glad I was born here. Many people suffer injustices. People needlessly die on the roads every day. Forgiveness is your friend, and this is still a great country to live in.

You can rightly point out the many ways in which white society has oppressed the indigenous population but there isn't a modern country on the planet born without some sort of invasion, conflict or loss of life.

Expecting a more advanced culture to have just sailed away at the sight of a few hundred inhabitants, muttering "if only we'd got here a bit sooner", is some sort of fairy tale designed to facilitate misinformation and outrage. It's also why a date change won't make a difference. ANY day celebrating the birth of this country will in some way be celebrating the displacement of the previous tenants.

Was it an invasion?

Isn't that the 26th Feb according to polls. :think:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back