Happy Australia Day 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hence why I wrote 'most'.
Tell me, why can't celebration and reflection exist on the same day. Should we move ANZAC Day because of the horrors that occurred to Australians on that day?

It is possible to celebrate all that is good about Australia and at the same time reflect on how we could be better. Rather than just moving the date so we don't have to think about it.

You're naive Kane. The poster illustrated my point exactly... there will always be something to complain about. He wants the British to leave, last I looked all Anglo Australians were British.

Where did I ask the British to leave? I want the date gone and the Union Jack removed from the flag. I ask nothing else in that regard. I look a bit Anglo as well. A bit Aboriginal, a bit Anglo. Thats why I was Stolen from my family. Wasn't white enough, wasn't black enough. Creamies and Half Castes is what they called us.

Where did I ask the British to leave? I want the date gone and the Union Jack removed from the flag. I ask nothing else in that regard. I look a bit Anglo as well. A bit Aboriginal, a bit Anglo. Thats why I was Stolen from my family. Wasn't white enough, wasn't black enough. Creamies and Half Castes is what they called us.
I was stolen from my mother because society deemed it morally wrong for her to have a child. Took me 51 years to find her. You don't hear me bleating about it.

I was stolen from my mother because society deemed it morally wrong for her to have a child. Took me 51 years to find her. You don't hear me bleating about it.

Sorry you deem me sharing my story as bleating. What you went though is another Stolen Generation. Horrible what took place, just horrific. I never found my Mum, she took her own life after being raped, beaten and losing at least 5 of her kids. Never found my brothers or sisters. I will leave the discussion now that you deem me as a bleating. All the best. Glad you found your Mum. I can't even really remember what my Mum looks like.

Sorry you deem me sharing my story as bleating. What you went though is another Stolen Generation. Horrible what took place, just horrific. I never found my Mum, she took her own life after being raped, beaten and losing at least 5 of her kids. Never found my brothers or sisters. I will leave the discussion now that you deem me as a bleating. All the best. Glad you found your Mum. I can't even really remember what my Mum looks like.
Yep, horrific, unjust, painful. I agree. But I'm still glad I was born here. Many people suffer injustices. People needlessly die on the roads every day. Forgiveness is your friend, and this is still a great country to live in.

You can rightly point out the many ways in which white society has oppressed the indigenous population but there isn't a modern country on the planet born without some sort of invasion, conflict or loss of life.

Expecting a more advanced culture to have just sailed away at the sight of a few hundred inhabitants, muttering "if only we'd got here a bit sooner", is some sort of fairy tale designed to facilitate misinformation and outrage. It's also why a date change won't make a difference. ANY day celebrating the birth of this country will in some way be celebrating the displacement of the previous tenants.

Was it an invasion?

You don't think changing the date from the arrival of the 1st fleet to another day will make a difference?

Are you living under a rock?

We need a date that the vast majority of Australians are comfortable with to celebrate.
Isn't that the 26th Feb according to polls. :think:

Last edited:
feels so dishonest the push for a change, either a cash grab by activist types who wouldn't have their positions in the private sector, a distraction used by big business or virtue signaling from the individual types who like a bit of attention

I mean, 'if you don't understand vote no' has been an express campaign pitch in the last two referenda.

They were assisted in this campaign significantly by Albanese giving the impression that he also didn't understand what the proposal was.

If you’ve known the man as long as I have, you’ll know that excuse is preprinted for all electoral wrong think ;)

You mean those dozens of other referendums when I've said that??

You’re batting 1000 though ;)

In this case, I agree with Mutineer. It was politically naive for the ALP to pursue it once there wasn't bipartisan support. As you've said yourself, Sanders - Australia hasn't been racially progressive in its past, and getting this up was always going to be a challenge when there wasn't clear community support.

It’s almost like they didn’t expect to win and it was a giant virtue positioning and distraction exercise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parents gone missing...
Interesting..

So… when you constantly bleat and post your nonsense on the politics thread about young white kids running around stealing cars, bashing people, breaking into homes and involving themselves its “Labor unable to control the justice system”..

But when its First Nations kids its cause their “parents have gone missing”..

And you carry on about violence and rape in First Nations communities like its mutually exclusive to these communities..

Hate to tell you but family violence, abuse and rape is rife among white Australian communities too.. just have a look at how many women are murdered by their partners every year in this country..

Interesting..

So… when you constantly bleat and post your nonsense on the politics thread about young white kids running around stealing cars, bashing people, breaking into homes and involving themselves its “Labor unable to control the justice system”..

But when its First Nations kids its cause their “parents have gone missing”..

And you carry on about violence and rape in First Nations communities like its mutually exclusive to these communities..

Hate to tell you but family violence, abuse and rape is rife among white Australian communities too.. just have a look at how many women are murdered by their partners every year in this country..
Probably shows where the board is at when posters feel enabled to just make those comments.

Mind you, I'm not 100% surprised.

You’re a bit more regular than clockwork, and you take yourself way too seriously.

”Look at all these idiots taking the BAIT! Why does this thread even exist!!”

Ha.

View attachment 1894349

Also like clockwork, the only thing you're working with is two hands.

I decided to troll the troll thread back- looks like someone got upset by it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back