Toast Happy Birthday, St.Kilda!

146 years old today.

saints.com.au said:
The word ‘resilience’ has long been associated with St Kilda.

Through near financial collapses, prolonged droughts and off-field controversies, the Saints have endured for almost 150 years.

On this day in 1873, a staggering 146 years ago, the St Kilda Football Club was formally established.

https://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-04-02/on-this-day-st-kilda-fc-is-founded

What are your all-time favourite living memories?

Mine;

1997 Preliminary Final

1998, Round 6

2005 Qualifying Final

2009 Preliminary Final

2010 Qualifying Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R1rqQVZlHI

* Riewoldt, Harvey, Burke, Loewe, Hayes final games.
* '96 Ansett Cup v Carlton.
* Milne 11 goals against Brisbane - Round 22, 2005.
* Harvey's back-to-back Brownlow's.
* Gehrig's 100 goals in 2004.
* Riewoldt's mark at the SCG.

great post George , i agree with all your choices , ill try to add a few myself.
My memory might be wrong for some of these but who cares about details .

Turning up at start of third quarter during the reserves first game of the year at Moorabbin a few years back and seeing a young big man standing at full forward , pretty sure he kicked a bag although not sure how many . Also pretty sure he was straight into the ones the following week . It was Plugger of course .

Rod Owen kicking a bunch against Carlton at Princess Park leading to a rare win for us there.

The comebacks against the Bulldogs and the Swans when Plugger kicked 10 as well as getting reported and suspended for a long long time.

During the terrible time in the 80's when we actually won a game , as we usually only won about three a season , it was like a premiership at Moorrabin . People would sit in the stand clapping along to When The Saints Go Matching In for ages. We never had to bother rushing home to watch the replay as we were never on lol .

Watching Paul Temay play in the reserves . He was an absolute champ in the twos , he was like Dangerfield , did whatever he wanted and they couldnt touch him . Unfortunately when he went into the seniors he couldnt get a kick .

Any game back in the day when you could turn up early and watch the seconds play . Great times.

The start of every season when we start with so much hope that maybe this could be the year .

Bonzfooty

Debutant
Apr 2, 2014
Doveton
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds FC , Philly 76ers
Great posting guys!!! My kiwi partner has grown to love the Saints in the now 10 years she has been over the ditch as such, and she's been an easypay member for 7 of those years, posts like these only give her greater understanding on why we have such a incredible passion for our club! #WithStKilda

146 years old today.

What are your all-time favourite living memories?

Mine;

1997 Preliminary Final

1998, Round 6

2005 Qualifying Final

2009 Preliminary Final

2010 Qualifying Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R1rqQVZlHI

* Riewoldt, Harvey, Burke, Loewe, Hayes final games.
* '96 Ansett Cup v Carlton.
* Milne 11 goals against Brisbane - Round 22, 2005.
* Harvey's back-to-back Brownlow's.
* Gehrig's 100 goals in 2004.
* Riewoldt's mark at the SCG.

The 97 prelim was massive, that one is imprinted on me. It was massive and the crowd was insane that night. The Troy Schwartz game at the dome where the foundations seemed to start shaking and years of depravation were showing signs of breaking really left their mark on my memory.

Back