Happy Days appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 19, 2005
1060 west addison
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
gala,l'pool,storm,mvfc
was and still is one of the all time great tv shows in my opinion ,with great characters such as richie cunningham,potsie,ralph malph and the cooleset character ever to grace our screens'the fonz'

tv was great to watch in 25 years ago unlike the crap that we are served with such as big brother

thoughts on happy days?

One of all time fave sitcoms.

Went on a bit too long and yes it did "jump the shark":D but at it's best freakin brilliant.

Classic scene.. Mrs C telling The Fonz to "sit on it"...The Fonz needs to punch someone of course but can't punch Mrs C so asks "where's Potsie"..:D

Well it was a good show, but you've got to admit it did jump the shark!

Sure did, I even remember the episode...

Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

Sure did, I even remember the episode...

Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

haha.. that looks truly ridiculous. Who the hell wears a leather jacket when they hit the surf, with wussy short shorts no less!! I know he's the Fonz, but even his inherent coolness couldn't negate such blatant stupidity.:eek:

Heh. Like all shows. At least it coined the phrase, in a way. :D

I'm always amused when people argue The Simpsons never "jumped the shark". :rolleyes:

Happy Days rules! Dig it!

Simpsons (which i love dearly btw) probably jumped the shark around 95/96 ish.

And even shows like fawlty towers with only 12 episodes peaked in its first season. The second wasn't as good imo,though still very funny and better then 99% of other sitcoms. Only show i know of that didn't jump the shark was the young ones which was actually better in it's 2nd season.

was and still is one of the all time great tv shows in my opinion ,with great characters such as richie cunningham,potsie,ralph malph and the cooleset character ever to grace our screens'the fonz'

tv was great to watch in 25 years ago unlike the crap that we are served with such as big brother

thoughts on happy days?

Well I don't think I was alive when this show was big...but I do remember watching a couple of reruns when I was very young and I vaguely recall the theme song as being somewhat iconic :thumbsu:

Simpsons (which i love dearly btw) probably jumped the shark around 95/96 ish.

And even shows like fawlty towers with only 12 episodes peaked in its first season. The second wasn't as good imo,though still very funny and better then 99% of other sitcoms. Only show i know of that didn't jump the shark was the young ones which was actually better in it's 2nd season.

Simpsons jumped the shark from series 5 onwards. Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are gold (although repeated so much people often are sick of them), while season 1 is good for nostalgia (and for those of us who like crude animation).

The funny (or sad) thing is, Futurama by far the superior show, but less accepted due to being the "little brother". I'd love almost 20 series of Futurama and have only 5 series of Simpsons. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news that Erin Moran who played Joanie Cunningham has passed away at age 56.

Henry Winkler said
"'Now you will finally have the peace you wanted so badly here on Earth'

RIP little Joanie

haha.. that looks truly ridiculous. Who the hell wears a leather jacket when they hit the surf, with wussy short shorts no less!! I know he's the Fonz, but even his inherent coolness couldn't negate such blatant stupidity.:eek:

I find it amusing that a decade after this comment was made, a certain player from this posters team went surfing in a suit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back