List Mgmt. Happy Draft Day 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

My apologies for last night I had a massive melt as I became fixated on who I wanted. As I awake to this new morning I realise our drafting actually makes a lot more sense

With half of your posts this year was about Hannath and his turning circle, the club had to make sure you had something to post about next year ;)

With the defensive players we have picked up over the trade period and draft it will be really interesting to see who will be our back 6 come round 1 . Will be really interesting to see the practice matches and see who stands out before season proper. There is a huge amount of depth in the backline and to a certain degree the midfield. The rookie draft should be used to pick some medium forwards

Agree with the above and we are now positioned to have a serious crack at genuine kpf's next draft, where there are supposedly a few very good prospects.

Last edited:
My apologies for last night I had a massive melt as I became fixated on who I wanted. As I awake to this new morning I realise our drafting actually makes a lot more sense

A couple of beers and watching the big boy destroying other teams rucks at Peel will fix up any doubts.;)

First draft in ages where we've been able to get some highly rated talls (Logue & Cox). Normally we have to pick "wing & prayer" smokie talls toward the back end of the draft. Makes me very optimistic to know we've got some talent available to rebuild our spine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the defensive players we have picked up over the trade period and draft it will be really interesting to see who will be our back 6 come round 1 . Will be really interesting to see the practice matches and see who stands out before season proper. There is a huge amount of depth in the backline and to a certain degree the midfield. The rookie draft should be used to pick some medium forwards
Bringing Luke Ryan in puts the likes of Spurr, Sutcliffe, Ibbo and Sheridan on notice.

Tbh I think we should be looking at midfielders in the rookie draft. We've lost a lot of talent from that area. Wouldn't mind too much if we went for a mature aged ruck. No problem with Darcy spending time in Peel reserves next year. Grey and Deluca coming back in adds two potential midfielders as well.

There's a big Liam Ryan will go undrafted IMO. Got as much talent as anyone in this draft and I won't be disappointed if we draft him but a beep test in the 10s is just not good enough, nor is his defensive pressure. Like it or not clubs rate fitness and defensive ability very highly. Can be improved and probably would be better off in an AFL system than WAFL system but I won't be surprised if clubs tell him to go back and improve and we'll consider you next year instead.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can be improved and probably would be better off in an AFL system than WAFL system
Liam Ryan did preseason in the bush - so it's probably far below WAFL standaed. Subiaco got him to move down in about round 4 or 5 of the WAFL season.

He has enormous talent and I hope we take a risk on him in the rookie draft.

Guelfi and Walker look like pretty solid options but I'm sure we'll go with randoms we've never heard of.

Liam Ryan did preseason in the bush - so it's probably far below WAFL standaed. Subiaco got him to move down in about round 4 or 5 of the WAFL season.

He has enormous talent and I hope we take a risk on him in the rookie draft.
If he knows any better he could just do what walters does this pre-season, he'll get up to speed real quick

Alec

Nice work taking potshots at a kid who's career was ruined by glandular fever outside of his control
No different about the eagles fans on bay 13 Saying Jayden Pitt lacked heart when he retired with a heart condition.
You have to feel for SPS. Off to Carlton, with Liam Jones the only other indigenous player on their list and they are also not exactly known for their player welfare. Meanwhile his cousin and the guy he probably wanted to spend time in Melbourne with (Cedric) is off up to Brisbane, a club that struggles to retain players and just lost it's welfare person to a year long ban.

A little ruthless just after the ND is complete but possibly bodes well for our future trading ;) I'm actually a little surprised both of these clubs took the risk.

My Gut feeling is that SPS wont spend his whole career at carlton. He will return back to WA or go to another vic club. Carlton had the 3 amigos in Betts, Yarran and Garlett and all 3 went to other clubs.

Kinda nice how genuinely delighted our top three draft picks were to come to Freo. I think in a way it does demonstrate that we have become a major club with players like Pav and Fyfe who are genuine superstars that footy players around Australia can relate to.

I sure our 4th pick was equally delighted especially being a mature ager but we just haven't heard yet.

You have to like the Logue pick, but McCluggage going at our pick 3 makes you nervous we could have missed a superstar, ala 2001. Time will tell of course

You have to like the Logue pick, but McCluggage going at our pick 3 makes you nervous we could have missed a superstar, ala 2001. Time will tell of course

Pick #3 - Mcluggage
or
Cam McCarthy
Griffin Logue
Joel Hamling
Luke Ryan
and a part of the Shane Kersten deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back