Universal Love Happy Holidays

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Guys

Just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy, safe and prosperous New Year!

For those for whom Christmas is not their thing, then a very happy holiday period.

Once again my RL has meant I haven't always been around as much as I'd like, but I have greatly enjoyed your company.

I love our diversity, all our craziness & crankiness, and our devotion to all things Swans!

Take care of yourselves and stay safe, after 2020 & 2021, surely 2022 can only get better!

Go BLOODS!!! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

Hey Guys

Just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy, safe and prosperous New Year!

For those for whom Christmas is not their thing, then a very happy holiday period.

Once again my RL has meant I haven't always been around as much as I'd like, but I have greatly enjoyed your company.

I love our diversity, all our craziness & crankiness, and our devotion to all things Swans!

Take care of yourselves and stay safe, after 2020 & 2021, surely 2022 can only get better!

Go BLOODS!!! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:
Back at ya!

When I was younger I worked at a local bottle shop while I was going to uni. There was 11 people working there but we were very busy and some of the staff had limited availability so we hired a christmas casual one year. It ended up being is tall lanky bloke called Sam Reid.

So we used to do a secret santa each year, and despite the fact he was only hired for the christmas period sam insisted that he be included with all the regular staff who had been there 2-3 years at this point. He looked like he was going to cry when he found out he wasn't going to be in it so our manager let him join in. Because he was new, we made him organise the thing and book the restaurant a few doors down from us where we had the party each year. I was pretty cranky when I drew his name out of the secret santa as he was a pretty weird bloke and I had no idea what to get him, so I just got him a gift voucher from the local westfields.

We used to do the secret santa presents at the party so I turned up and put my gift on the table, then noticed someone had stuffed up because there was another present there addressed to Sam. As more people walked in they had gifts with Sams name on it. When Sam eventually showed up he admitted that he put his own name in the secret santa 12 times. When asked why he said 'because it will save everyone having to get me a going away present when my casual period is finished'.

I'd like to give a shout-out to those spending Christmas with their unconventional families! For most of my life, Christmas has been my grandparents and I, playing cards and listening to the Stones and Boney M. carols (let's face it, no one does carols like them.) It was very quiet and intimate but their good company made it so that I never felt jealous of my mates who were all having big Christmases with their extended families. Growing up, my grandparents took care of all the food and set the place up for the big day and I did nothing but run around like a psycho while they took care of everything. A decade or so on, it's funny how the roles reverse. Granddad's in his favourite recliner pretending to be "napping" so he doesn't have to help me and the missus make all the salads, and when he complains about everything being vegan, I give him the old, "You'll eat what you're given and you'll like it!"

Merry Christmas Swans fam! :)

When I was younger I worked at a local bottle shop while I was going to uni. There was 11 people working there but we were very busy and some of the staff had limited availability so we hired a christmas casual one year. It ended up being is tall lanky bloke called Sam Reid.

So we used to do a secret santa each year, and despite the fact he was only hired for the christmas period sam insisted that he be included with all the regular staff who had been there 2-3 years at this point. He looked like he was going to cry when he found out he wasn't going to be in it so our manager let him join in. Because he was new, we made him organise the thing and book the restaurant a few doors down from us where we had the party each year. I was pretty cranky when I drew his name out of the secret santa as he was a pretty weird bloke and I had no idea what to get him, so I just got him a gift voucher from the local westfields.

We used to do the secret santa presents at the party so I turned up and put my gift on the table, then noticed someone had stuffed up because there was another present there addressed to Sam. As more people walked in they had gifts with Sams name on it. When Sam eventually showed up he admitted that he put his own name in the secret santa 12 times. When asked why he said 'because it will save everyone having to get me a going away present when my casual period is finished'.

I hope the Sam Reid copy-pasta's never stop

Merry Xmas , never seen your name before , or have you changed names ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back