Toast Happy Mother's Day to all Carlton Mums

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Thanks for all your love and caring and sacrifices you have given us and your families over the years

Going to visit my Mum (whom I am still very grateful is still with me) for a few hours before heading off to the footy.

I had no Dad (who was a literal deadbeat) growing up, she had no interest in footy or sports in general, but she worked tirelessly to ensure me and brother did get to enjoy footy and didn't miss out on the other good things in life our friends and schoolmates had.

Bit emotional writing this, my Mother is my hero and I am so so blessed and lucky to have her in my life. Love her so so much.

All the best and happiness to all the other Carlton posters here too who are also Mums, you deserve to be spoilt rotten, and the Baggers can top it off with a fantastic win against the Crows 💙💙💙

Thanks for all your love and caring and sacrifices you have given us and your families over the years

Going to visit my Mum (whom I am still very grateful is still with me) for a few hours before heading off to the footy.

I had no Dad (who was a literal deadbeat) growing up, she had no interest in footy or sports in general, but she worked tirelessly to ensure me and brother did get to enjoy footy and didn't miss out on the other good things in life our friends and schoolmates had.

Bit emotional writing this, my Mother is my hero and I am so so blessed and lucky to have her in my life. Love her so so much.

All the best and happiness to all the other Carlton posters here too who are also Mums, you deserve to be spoilt rotten, and the Baggers can top it off with a fantastic win against the Crows 💙💙💙

Echoing your sentiments, Elmer. My old man hardly measured up to any semblance of a father, so mum basically made all the sacrifices for me and my brother. She is my best mate and I love her dearly. Shout out to all the mothers out there and have a lovely day!

Your beautiful posts about your mums are making me cry 😭😭 I hope my sons speak about me with so much respect and fondness one day. Enjoy your days, everyone 💙💙💙💙💙
You're a belter of a mum. My father was absent on many levels and in my youthful selfishness I never took the time to appreciate the indefatigable, endless work my mother did to raise 5 children - in many ways, singlehandedly. Go you mums.

My mum slipped away to the next room 10 years ago.

Did alright, raised 3 kids, while full time employed at the then VFL.

Got to sit head office for 10 years as the GM’s/Chief Commisioners trusty assistant.

She pretty much saw the VFL transition to a national competition.

As kid to grow up in that environment was a privilege, we never paid to see games, always got the best seats & if she told you a footy story in confidence, it was legit.

Well done.👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back