Review Hard Fought 16 Point Win Over The Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunkley barely crept above 54% disposal efficiency and had eight clangers, McCluggage was enormous in the first quarter, but invisible when it counted. Strange votes, not for the first time either.
Yep, Bevo simply refuses to listen to BF wisdom. He's so damned stubborn!

Yep, Bevo simply refuses to listen to BF wisdom. He's so damned stubborn!
Not like you dog-watch to go for the cheap pop, everyone knows when you play inside your disposal efficiency
can suffer compared to the more outside roles, example Matthew Boyd (The mid) and Matthew Boyd (The def).
Dunkley played well I gave him 3 x Ching votes, but I had access to the advanced stats before I made my call
the coaches are probably going with the Fronk (Eye test) or feel of the game which is hard to do in a game
with such wildly swinging momentum. Here is an example Hipwood kicked very inaccurate for goal, but could
have won the game single handed for Brisbane, Naughton had a great second half. Who was better ?

Not like you dog-watch to go for the cheap pop, everyone knows when you play inside your disposal efficiency
can suffer compared to the more outside roles, example Matthew Boyd (The mid) and Matthew Boyd (The def).
Dunkley played well I gave him 3 x Ching votes, but I had access to the advanced stats before I made my call
the coaches are probably going with the Fronk (Eye test) or feel of the game which is hard to do in a game
with such wildly swinging momentum. Here is an example Hipwood kicked very inaccurate for goal, but could
have won the game single handed for Brisbane, Naughton had a great second half. Who was better ?
Disposal efficiency is a flawed stat. Clubs use more detailed versions of the stat - %of disposals that lead to another disposal. % of disposals that lead to another effective disposal, and things like that.

The bloke that wrote that & made it all about them certainly doesn’t like the Bulldogs. He had a big go at us in one of those kinds of articles in pre season or this season. Saints flog jealous about 2016

Was too busy writing his 40cm puff piece on how good Max King’s seven touches were for Sandringham. Rarely do you see so much detail going into “almost marks” and “marks the umpires should have paid”

Disposal efficiency is a flawed stat. Clubs use more detailed versions of the stat - %of disposals that lead to another disposal. % of disposals that lead to another effective disposal, and things like that.
True, they also look at the difficulty of the disposal and it's impact (Whether it was the correct trigger to pull).
Dunkley had stoppage dominance with eleven clearances, but was that dominance lessened by his eight
clangers compared to Hunter who had one. McCluggage was the interesting player for mine, he was BOG
in the first and was slowly eroded from that point on. Hipwood kicked 2 Goals, 5 Behinds, Naughton
kicked 3 goals, 2 behinds that's 17 to 20 in points terms so not a huge difference, but Naughton clearly
had the momentum swing when we were on and in control. It was a fascinating game of momentum
that I will be watching closely on Brownlow night for the 3-2-1.

Hipwood kicked 2 Goals, 5 Behinds, Naughton
kicked 3 goals, 2 behinds that's 17 to 20 in points terms so not a huge difference, but Naughton clearly
had the momentum swing when we were on and in control.
This is an interesting point and has happened so often with us over the past 3-4 years. Continually kicking points and not capitalising on the hard work further up the ground is really deflating for the team. I'd take 3.0 to 2.6 every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back