Hardest runner @ your club

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any news on him playing again ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really. He’s back training but some of issues to do with light sensitivity and short term memory loss are still effecting him.

I personally hope he doesn’t despite him being massive part of our team and him loving playing footy. He’s got to look out for the long term interests of his family. If he has another one it would be pretty horrific for his and their future. I honestly don’t believe he knows another way other than full throttle once he’s over the white line as well which makes it even more dangerous.

Not really. He’s back training but some of issues to do with light sensitivity and short term memory loss are still effecting him.

I personally hope he doesn’t despite him being massive part of our team and him loving playing footy. He’s got to look out for the long term interests of his family. If he has another one it would be pretty horrific for his and their future. I honestly don’t believe he knows another way other than full throttle once he’s over the white line as well which makes it even more dangerous.

Shame , one of my fave oppo players

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

last year, in terms of distance covered in a game, Scully ranked 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,10 - Gaff only features at 9 (Nick Robertson from Brisbane at 6th)

in terms of distance covered at high speed, Scully ranked 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 before Brad Hill broke the streak at 13.

Gaff is a good runner - arguably 2nd best. But he still trails Sculls by some margin.
TBF Gaff Played with a signficant heel injury and a couple more niggles. He tends to play with niggles usually but his footy overall was down last year.
Just observation but Masten seemed to be running hard both ways on the spread at Spotless.
Masten has probably lost maybe 1-2 2km time trials since he has joined the club.
He'd be one of the fittest players in the comp but not sure whether its his role or work rate but he doesn't cover as much as Gaff.

Scully is in a league of his own, Gaff would be our best and he'd be in the top 5 in the AFL, I'd wager he's the second best after Scully.

From Eagles games last year I worked out he was the number 1 for kms covered about 13-15 times (for both teams) and always featured in the top 5 (usually second at worse).

Masten is another for us who covers kms, he does less than Gaff but generally at a higher speed, he's often our fastest in average speed in defence. He spreads / covers the spread very hard.

Cripps is always the top for "sprint efforts" for the eagles, as well as the top for "repeat sprints", he plays a very demanding game style putting on pressure in the f50 and often sprinting into the f50 on a fast break.
Gaff played with a pretty bad ankle/heel injury last season and was still putting up decent numbers. Love how he gets called soft by people.

Gaff played with a pretty bad ankle/heel injury last season and was still putting up decent numbers. Love how he gets called soft by people.
I think he's proven his mental toughness not only in his running but in forever sitting in holes even after what Jonas did to him. He always goes for the mark and is always in front of leading forwards.

He doesn't cover as much as Scully though even without the heel injury, Scully is just built differently.

Knight wins the trials for us.

I feel like Sloane is the hardest runner though, doesn't have the genetics but makes it happen on game day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back