News Hardie calls the playing group lazy

Remove this Banner Ad

I wager he played at a higher level than you did.
And I'd wager priddis has plays at a higher level than you have

What's your point. Hardies still a plonker no matter what level he played at

That's right good for you Smotie, all grown up.
Priddis has played some really good games for us and always gives 100%. I know you won't criticise that OP because it's giving praise and your all grown up.

Are we talking about priddis now? And you priddis lovers reckon we are obsessed with him and bring him up in every thread.

All I know is no matter how much of a flog Hardie is the fact is you have no idea if it is correct or not.
None of us do except the fact remains that our on field attitude and fitness is a concern. And if what Hardie says is correct then it explains the issues.

It's time you dreamers realized or club is in a crisis and every part of it should be under scrutiny with the exception of Simpson.

And from his interview comments he has indicated he is going through the player group and assessing where it is at and has talked about list management.

Obviously because there isn't a problem right?

I have no problem with Hardie calling the players lazy. That's his opinion and that's fine. What I am less happy about is his claim that he has "heard an Eagles player lied about completing a weights session". That's a pretty serious claim to make without any substance and reeks of making up bullshit to boost ratings.

I read the article, I don't think it's that bad and possibly not too far off the mark considering where our ladder position is at and the fact we actually do have a fairly talented injury free list.

We really SHOULD at least be gunning for the bottom of the 8, but are a hairs breath away from the bottom 6..

I read the article, I don't think it's that bad and possibly not too far off the mark considering where our ladder position is at and the fact we actually do have a fairly talented injury free list.

We really SHOULD at least be gunning for the bottom of the 8, but are a hairs breath away from the bottom 6..

I think our forwards and backs have some talent but our midfield is way below average.

I have no problem with Hardie calling the players lazy. That's his opinion and that's fine. What I am less happy about is his claim that he has "heard an Eagles player lied about completing a weights session". That's a pretty serious claim to make without any substance and reeks of making up bullshit to boost ratings.

Especially when he says; 'I will not give up my sources'. It's only credible and not scuttlebutt if he names a source.

Especially when he says; 'I will not give up my sources'. It's only credible and not scuttlebutt if he names a source.

Or the player. I can understand not wanting to burn the person that potentially gave him the information, but if he's prepared to put the allegation out there, he should at least have the balls to say which player it is.

Love him or hate him, and obviously a lot of hate here but the reality is that maybe the club should start to listen to some of the critics.
Lets face it interviewing an AFL coach is like interviewing a politician, they will tell you what you want to hear, most will be absolute crap and they certainly are never going to really tell you what happens in the inner sanctum of a club. We as the public then will obviously just follow our clubs mantra.
The media however do have contacts and do know much more than we do about the inner sanctum of clubs, they are paid to know. Christ Hardie himself works with Langdon who can walk in and out of the Eagles 24/7.
Hardie does seem to have something against the Eagles, but just maybe we don't like hearing the truth. People hate hearing the truth. If anyone thinks our club is going well in any department other than making money then they are kidding themselves.

And as for anyone knocking hardie as a footballer well you are either under 20 years old or have no idea. Hardie was a gun player who stood up in the biggest of occasions, won a brownlow in the VFL, won simpson medals when SOO was the pinacle of the sport, WAFL premiership player when WAFL was king and 1st tier.

Knock him all you like as a broadcaster, personally he does talk a bit of crap. But his football credentials can not be knocked by anyone on here, and to be honest not anyone at the Eagles either including Worsfold.

Christ Hardie himself works with Langdon who can walk in and out of the Eagles 24/7.
Hardie does seem to have something against the Eagles, but just maybe we don't like hearing the truth. People hate hearing the truth. If anyone thinks our club is going well in any department other than making money then they are kidding themselves.
I think the point is, if Langdon reported it, given that he has that type of access to the club, we would believe him. The fact that Hardie hates us and lives on the other side of the country makes us question anything he has to say about the club.
No-one here thinks everything is rosie at the club at the moment. However Hardie gets paid to s**t stir, the more up in arms West Coast supporters get about what he says the better it is for him and his radio station employer. He says things to get a reaction, and he is good at getting one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you understand journalism? If you give away an informant you will lose all your other ones and future ones instantly.

I remember hearing (can't remember where) that Sumich had a similar opinion of some of our players to what Hardie is saying now. May even have been the interview he did on PR after he missed out on the job.

Possibly that's his "inside info"?
I remember the same thing, I bet that's his "source"? lol

I'm just hoping for a fist slam on the desk from Simmo this week, just some kind of emotion of any kind. From an outsider looking in, he just doesn't seem to have any authority. I may be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

All the points made about Hardie I agree completely...however he may just have a point here imo.

Run over by Freo, Port, Coll when we were off a bye and they had 2 men down. We fade badly at the end of qtrs...Im of the strong belief that our fitness is a major issue this year. Whether thats for the reasons Hardie has outlined I have no idea, but in my mind there's an issue.

The talk is that we managed our endurance training this preseason because of the horrendous injuries we had the year before. It has worked in that regard, but looks like our fitness has taken a battering.

My thoughts are - if it was anyone but Hardie (or perhaps judge as well) - the criticism would largely be accepted gleefully - as we are all seeing well sub-par performances.

Just that most people accept that Hardie has an axe to grind, is a man of substandard character in general.

He's just as likely to make s**t up as have genuine sources. He may be right, may be wrong - but lets wait to someone of merit says it

Do you understand journalism? If you give away an informant you will lose all your other ones and future ones instantly.

I do. Do you recognise 'good journalism' and 'poor journalism'? Hardie could have stated his opinion, which is is very much entitled to do, without hiding behind a 'source' he cannot reveal.

I'm just hoping for a fist slam on the desk from Simmo this week, just some kind of emotion of any kind. From an outsider looking in, he just doesn't seem to have any authority. I may be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

You should see the highlight when Yeo drops the mark and then infamously gets a Collingwood grin. Simpson definitly hit the desk then.

I think he's doing the club a favour by bringing forward the issue of some players "cheating" on weights etc, regardless of whether or not he's named a source. If there are in fact some lazy players there, they will now know people are starting to talk, might make them lift a gear to make sure they don't get found out. Maybe Hardie in fact has a soft spot for the Eagle behind his cold and callous exterior?

My thoughts are - if it was anyone but Hardie (or perhaps judge as well) - the criticism would largely be accepted gleefully - as we are all seeing well sub-par performances.

Just that most people accept that Hardie has an axe to grind, is a man of substandard character in general.

He's just as likely to make s**t up as have genuine sources. He may be right, may be wrong - but lets wait to someone of merit says it

The thing is Falcon it has been shown just on this BF forum that there is basically no one in the world that has the merit to comment on the Eagles. According to this platform everyone from Matthews, Lyon, Sheahan, Thomas, Brereton, Hardie etc etc all have had their say over the last few years and according to the Eagles supporters they are all idiots and are all wrong.
We all hate someone being critical of things we love, but surely there comes a point when the obvious might just be the truth?

The thing is Falcon it has been shown just on this BF forum that there is basically no one in the world that has the merit to comment on the Eagles. According to this platform everyone from Matthews, Lyon, Sheahan, Thomas, Brereton, Hardie etc etc all have had their say over the last few years and according to the Eagles supporters they are all idiots and are all wrong.
We all hate someone being critical of things we love, but surely there comes a point when the obvious might just be the truth?

Perhaps - I just think at this stage most of us have our eyes wide open about the shortcomings of our squad.

Our midfield is poor, we beat up on easy sides and there is an element of not running both ways.

Hardie has an axe to grind, no iffs no buts. His exclusion from WC and his subsequent hatred of Mick (and then John) - he is hardly the voice of reason for our club.

I actually don't know if Hardie is right or wrong. Having watched a number of games live I can honestly say only Rosa seems to run hard both ways this year - so there is an element of cheating on the field.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, mine is - i'll ignore a bloke who's judgement has lead him to gambling away his brownlow medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back