News Hardwick Considering Ashbury, Taylor/Greats back Cousin's

Remove this Banner Ad

antoher 2 debutants making it 4-5 players with less then 5 games. Could go good or extremly bad. But good playing the young kids, Also Gourdis is looking good for a run and dea aswell arcording to afl website.

Also Gourdis is looking good for a run and dea aswell arcording to afl website.

Unless someone miraculously and unfortunately gets injured and has to go on the LTI (can we sham that Connors is also injured during his 8 week holiday? ;)) we can't play Gourdis as he's not an elevated rookie.

Unless someone miraculously and unfortunately gets injured and has to go on the LTI (can we sham that Connors is also injured during his 8 week holiday? ;)) we can't play Gourdis as he's not an elevated rookie.

David Gourdis was solid for Coburg and for the Tigers in the first round of the NAB Cup - and is a likely replacement in defence for Luke McGuane.

Well AFL sucks then.

They don't do much proofreading or factchecking down at the AFL website.

There was a choice sentence the other week when Presti claimed they would just have to "s**t up the middle of the ground" vs the Saints.

antoher 2 debutants making it 4-5 players with less then 5 games. Could go good or extremly bad. But good playing the young kids, Also Gourdis is looking good for a run and dea aswell arcording to afl website.

Would prefer to see Taylor & Astbury than McMahon, King etc.

Gourdis, well he obviously isn't in the coaches 2010 (first half) plans or he would have earned promotion before Polak. Sounds like he was only average at the Burgers last week so has hardly earned a game on that anyway.

is taylor still under police investigation? there is no way the club should play him if they got any sense.

adjourned until august I read in another thread.

and Troy in for Relton, to give us a look at him in a game where we might need some excitement, the Ds defence have solidified quite well, and Troy might be just the guy to find some gaps, tho I doubt he is any fitter than Relton.

Would be nice to have Astbury come in but I think we will go with Polly and stick with our undersized fwd line, swap Polly in if needed, play him all over the ground, rucking in defence, a stint fwd. Give Astbury the time he needs rather than rushing him.

Will be interesting selection as Hardwick said this on Saturday night in his press conference regarding the positive of Simmo in the goal square. So if he didn’t think he (Astbury) was ready a few days ago, why now?

“But he (Hardwick) said that would take time to achieve with young key forwards David Astbury and Ben Griffiths well off being senior regulars.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-damien-hardwick/story-e6frf9jf-1225852367289

Also, the last 3 articles Ralph has penned about us, every man and his dog on this board has attacked him as a fool who has no idea. So why all of a sudden are everyone taking this current story as as gospel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Ralph guy just pulls quotes from other sources, except for the big names he gets, like Kev, of Surrey Hills..:rolleyes:

In relation to the greats supporting Ben Cousins , in this situation in particular. I to when I heard he and Connors where in a blue instantly thought both should go !!
But as more information has come and I'm sure as most will, when they find this story , would applaud Cousins for his actions , no doubt could have had seriously more implications !!
Oh and Connors I do not give a hoot how good a footballer he is , if he ever gets sighted again drinking whilst a member of the Richmond Football Club he should be immediately sacked and $$$$Ed off immediately , you just don't do the crap he does far less on mates !!

Would prefer to see Taylor & Astbury than McMahon, King etc.

Agree, hope new recruits are blooded as opposed to bringing back Hislop, Thomson & Nahas. These guys have only been out of the senior side for a week and should earn their spot back.

Astbury and Taylor up front & Dea and Webberly down back. Well worth the shot. :thumbsu:

I reckon at least 2 of Astbury, Taylor and Webberley will debut this week which can only be a good thing :thumbsu:

Then it'd have the be the first 2, because Webberley showed little for Coburg on Sunday.

I have a nasty feeling Taylor is going to be a 'Mark Waugh' type...Everything looks so easy to him you think he's not trying/working, and get disappointed that he doesn't achieve more. Needless to say, on this board, that'll mean people ripping shreads off him.

Astbury was hurt on Sunday...Didn't look serious ( he came back on ), but if there are any doubts about his fitness, I'd guess they'll hold him back.

Then it'd have the be the first 2, because Webberley showed little for Coburg on Sunday.

I have a nasty feeling Taylor is going to be a 'Mark Waugh' type...Everything looks so easy to him you think he's not trying/working, and get disappointed that he doesn't achieve more. Needless to say, on this board, that'll mean people ripping shreads off him.

Astbury was hurt on Sunday...Didn't look serious ( he came back on ), but if there are any doubts about his fitness, I'd guess they'll hold him back.
Mark Waugh was still a gun though. I'd happy if TT was like Junior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back