Hardwick quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do as it was perceived by Dimma that he was quiting as much for the well being of the club .
It is now appearing that he was deceitful as he in fact was quiting as he had already committed to GC and was linning his own pocket and everything about it was smokes and mirrors .

He’d already committed to Gold Coast, yet 3 months after he quit Richmond the Gold Coast CEO has to fly to Europe to interrupt Dimma during a holiday to try and convince him to coach the Suns?

I do as it was perceived by Dimma that he was quiting as much for the well being of the club .
It is now appearing that he was deceitful as he in fact was quiting as he had already committed to GC and was linning his own pocket and everything about it was smokes and mirrors .

I do remember an interview he did, and it might have been on 360 where he said he wouldn't look to rebuild our list when the time came, he would move on. I think using the words burnt out was wrong 100% agree in hindsight but Dimma used the wrong words throughout his coaching career. I do reckon he was actually burnt out but burnt out coaching our club and that's fine it happens.

Love how people see him quitting early and getting asked to coach again as Dimma being deceitful each to their own I guess. If anything, I'd say Gold Coast was being deceitful by telling Dew he was the person they wanted to coach the club even when it was first mentioned.

I also query this train of thought that it was already set up with his post quitting actions, I seriously doubt Dimma would be posting and watching Richmond games while overseas if he knew he had just done the dirty on us. If it was all a big set up, I dont see the need for Gold Coast to fly around the world to meet him either while he is on holidays.

I do remember an interview he did, and it might have been on 360 where he said he wouldn't look to rebuild our list when the time came, he would move on. I think using the words burnt out was wrong 100% agree in hindsight but Dimma used the wrong words throughout his coaching career. I do reckon he was actually burnt out but burnt out coaching our club and that's fine it happens.

Love how people see him quitting early and getting asked to coach again as Dimma being deceitful each to their own I guess. If anything, I'd say Gold Coast was being deceitful by telling Dew he was the person they wanted to coach the club even when it was first mentioned.

I also query this train of thought that it was already set up with his post quitting actions, I seriously doubt Dimma would be posting and watching Richmond games while overseas if he knew he had just done the dirty on us. If it was all a big set up, I dont see the need for Gold Coast to fly around the world to meet him either while he is on holidays.

Yep. I reckon GC sacked Dew only because Hardwick became available. I don't think Hardwick would've entertained an approach while Dew was the coach. I do believe he was mentally tired.
In any event I don't really care. Hardwicks departure was quick, clean and refreshing for RFC. It allowed us to take our time looking for the next coach, under no pressure to act quickly due to time of year or competition for coaches.

Sorry Kane Cornes, I am not filthy, I am ecstatic, elated, very happy

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/i...l/news-story/9b47e611a7ed654e32b6fe8c158d1f6c

I am ecstatic because Richmond can concentrate on working on the next premiership because Gold Coast will be primed to attack the premiership in 2024 if they just miss in 2023 as will GWS, Carlton, the Pies and even Brisbane amongst others.

This means while these clubs attack GF's RFC will be a longer shot meaning we can concentrate on the secret herbs and spices to propel us to premierships when Gold Coast, GWS, Carlton, the Pies and others like Brisbane eventually drop off on demographics like RFC has because the premierships of 2022 and 2016 where not real but handouts by AFL HQ

If I was Kane Cornes I would be worried if Port is another nearly club, like the years preceding 2004. Nearly this year, nearly next year?? With a rising Gold Coast and GWS is it sad times ahead for Port??

Lets just say Grundy goes to Port on 2024. That means Port will be even stronger, so if RFC are smart, they should be going youth and select a period for attacking the premiership when other clubs drop off in strength and we are rising like in 2017

Last edited:
Sorry Kane Cornes, I am not filthy, I am ecstatic, elated, very happy

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/i...l/news-story/9b47e611a7ed654e32b6fe8c158d1f6c

I am ecstatic because Richmond can concentrate on working on the next premiership because Gold Coast will be primed to attack the premiership in 2024 if they just miss in 2023 as will GWS, Carlton, the Pies and even Brisbane amongst others.

This means while these clubs attack GF's RFC will be a longer shot meaning we can concentrate on the secret herbs and spices to propel us to premierships when Gold Coast, GWS, Carlton, the Pies and others like Brisbane eventually drop off on demographics like RFC has because the premierships of 2022 and 2016 where not real but handouts by AFL HQ

If I was Kane Cornes I would be worried if Port is another nearly club, like the years preceding 2004. Nearly this year, nearly next year?? With a rising Gold Coast and GWS is it sad times ahead for Port??

Let’s just say Grundy goes to Port on 2024. That means Port will be even stronger, so if RFC are smart, they should be going youth and select a period for attacking the premiership when other clubs drop off in strength and we are rising like in 2017
We Should’ve thought that last year MM. We are two years behind now

Sorry but I don’t believe he split from his wife before becoming involved with the new squeeze . Which gives evidence that he has taken measures in the past to do things which create a perception which isn’t true .

Dimma has my blessing. He owes us nothing and was part of a 3 flag mini golden era. He is a "Richmond Man". I'm sure he understands there is NO WAY he will achieve the same success at GCS. If he poaches any players, that's when I'll disown him.. All the best Dimma - enjoy the sunshine.

Sorry but I don’t believe he split from his wife before becoming involved with the new squeeze . Which gives evidence that he has taken measures in the past to do things which create a perception which isn’t true .

its crazy how much people try to grey the truth to protect someone - he was 100% doing the dirty on Danielle - it was not a "clean kill", lol

This is unfortuantely going to be known as "The Dimma". He has done it to his 2 "great loves". He moves on before you have the any idea whats about to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, maybe not.

There are different ways to skin a cat, it is called strategy
To start the rebuild this has to all happen at the end of the year:

Cotchin, JR and Grimes to retire.
JGTI traded for second or third rounder
Soldo , Dow and BIGGY delisted
Mansell traded for third rounder.

disagree on soldo TI, hes a #1 ruck in at least 6 sides,the man knows how to ruck
id keep mansell,macca needs to be traded agree with the others
attempt to turn MRJ into a mid or he might as well go to

Mansell is the exact type you need to rebuild the club on .
Unrelenting loyality , commitment and consistent .
Send him to do a job and you know he’ll do it to the best of his ability . Sometimes he’ll go over the top and belt someone which will cost him weeks , but it won’t be from a lack of effort.
I’d shop hopper, broad McIntosh and I suspect a Dimma led GC will make a big play for Dusty .

you got rocks in your head if you think Soldo is on the trade table. Miller is ******* hopeless and Ryan needs to throw stell around all summer and eat pizza

its crazy how much people try to grey the truth to protect someone - he was 100% doing the dirty on Danielle - it was not a "clean kill", lol

This is unfortuantely going to be known as "The Dimma". He has done it to his 2 "great loves". He moves on before you have the any idea whats about to happen

"Doing the dirty on Danielle." "Done it to his 2 great loves." FMD what planet do you live on RJK?

In the world the rest of us inhabit, some huge percentage of people have sex or form a close bond with someone else outside of their principle relationship. We see it all around us. I cannot recall too many people asking their principle partner for permission to do this ahead of time. "Sweetheart a new girl has started at work and she is ******* hot, I know you will approve of me shagging her but I just wanted to give you a heads up about it."

Similarly people make arrangements with new employers before informing their current employer as a matter of totally acceptable routine.

To do otherwise in either of these situations may be noble, but in my experience, it would be highly irregular.

The best anyone is going to ever be able to reasonably ask is to be informed at the earliest convenient point.

......."Guess what Danielle, you are that atrocious a wife I am going to leave you for no apparent reason on the off chance I might meet someone better at some point."

Danielle: "Thank you Damien that is so noble of you and it means so much to me that you have done the right thing leaving me for no other reason than I am an abysmal wife."

......"Guess what Brendan, this place is really getting on my nerves, it is a shithole. So I am not coming to work any more for no other reason that the place makes me feel like crap."

Brendan: "You are such an honourable person to leave in this dignified manner with nothing else lined up, meaning for sure you think it is better to be on the dole than work for us. We really detest people who leave because they get offers we can't come close to matching."

Dimma going to Gold Coast is almost best case scenario imo, in that they are pretty irrelevant and its much more palatable seeing him coach there than a melbourne club or a team in a more relevant market. I guess im in the camp of I dont care it is what it is, but coaching again a couple months after citing burnout is a bit of a sour taste.

Dimma saw how clarko to Gold Coast played out, you'd be nieve to think he didn't think coaching gold coast was a genuine possibility when he left richmond, especially looking at some of GC decision makers connections to Dimma.

I thank Dimma for what he has done for the club but im a richmond fan, so don't really wish him well or want to him see him suceed at GC, like I don't for Kiingsley at GWS, or Leppa and Fly at Collingwood. If Dimma comes back trying to pinch richmond staff that would really leave a bad taste

Dimma has my blessing. He owes us nothing and was part of a 3 flag mini golden era. He is a "Richmond Man". I'm sure he understands there is NO WAY he will achieve the same success at GCS. If he poaches any players, that's when I'll disown him.. All the best Dimma - enjoy the sunshine.
but there's a smell about the way this has played out. and the smell emanated from the a.f.l

doubt dimma would wilfully snitch any of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back