Hardwick quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect Dimma to succeed at the Gold Coast unless he can fix the underlying culture issues at the club.

Non-entities like Lachie Weller took it upon themselves to accost Tom Lynch when he returned to the club after he made his decision to leave via free agency.

Richmond men don't behave that way. They always wish the best of their brothers after they have made a decision to seek greater opportunities at a new club. Dan Butler and Brandon Ellis were celebrating the 2020 flag with their ex teammates after they had left the previous year.

I don't expect Dimma to succeed at the Gold Coast unless he can fix the underlying culture issues at the club.

Non-entities like Lachie Weller took it upon themselves to accost Tom Lynch when he returned to the club after he made his decision to leave via free agency.

Richmond men don't behave that way. They always wish the best of their brothers after they have made a decision to seek greater opportunities at a new club. Dan Butler and Brandon Ellis were celebrating the 2020 flag with their ex teammates after they had left the previous year.

Higgins wasn't. The Richmond players get stuck into him every game we play St Kilda because of the way he left the club after all the support we gave him with his condition.

Sometimes, players deserve everything they get

Higgins wasn't. The Richmond players get stuck into him every game we play St Kilda because of the way he left the club after all the support we gave him with his condition.

I am sure the players were icy on Higgins leaving. Don't think they go out of their way to target him in games but got stuck into to him when he staged for a free.

Last edited:

Just the muckrakers in the footy media mining for outrage, as usual.

I have about a dozen really close Tiger supporter mates who I've spoken to about Dimma over the last couple of months. Every single one of them has, independently from one another, harboured not an ounce of ill will towards Dimma for his decision. On the contrary, all are still just thankful where he took us, and would buy him beers for life. Including me.
We could see it wasn't clicking, players were just not responding the same, the writing was on the wall and it was the right call by Dimma, wish him all the best and we should all be grateful he helped us snag three flags.

but there's a smell about the way this has played out. and the smell emanated from the a.f.l

doubt dimma would wilfully snitch any of our players.
100% fishy AND the AFL behind it. I sincerely believe he won't go near any of our players, but I'm sure that if one retires and want a coaching job it will happen. He did the right thing by us, and now we have an opportunity to start with fresh ideas.

We knew Higgins wasnt a Richmond man the moment he appeared as a kid on Channel 7 in a saints jumper.

Was traded the year after LMAO

We knew Higgins wasnt a Richmond man the moment he appeared as a kid on Channel 7 in a saints jumper.

Was traded the year after LMAO

Maybe I'm missing the point, but are you suggesting the club should only recruit players who supported richmond as a kid?

Not a HIggins fan, but the fact he was a saints fan has nothing to do with anything.

I am sure the players were icy on Higgins leaving. Don't think they go out of their way to target him in games but got stuck into to him when he staged for a free.
Not true.
Sat right behind the players interchange benches at Marvel and you should have heard the way the Richmond players were giving it to him. Not so with Butler.

He’d already committed to Gold Coast, yet 3 months after he quit Richmond the Gold Coast CEO has to fly to Europe to interrupt Dimma during a holiday to try and convince him to coach the Suns?
Click bait it’s an AFL company team , it’s all about the optics don’t want to be seen subverting contracts

Maybe I'm missing the point, but are you suggesting the club should only recruit players who supported richmond as a kid?

Not a HIggins fan, but the fact he was a saints fan has nothing to do with anything.

Nah not at all, just trying to be a smart arse. I think the players just get into Higgins when they can because he is a w***er.

I think it's the fact Higgins remained an avid Saints fan whilst at Richmond. He never bought into the Richmond culture and in the end asked to be traded to the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can start with the Bont, effective immediately.

I think it's the fact Higgins remained an avid Saints fan whilst at Richmond. He never bought into the Richmond culture and in the end asked to be traded to the Saints.
That why Rance ploughing his field

Thanks for the flags but your exit was a campaigner move almost like you did it on purpose.
He did it for the money. AFL money.
Ironic when he speaks of culture or the Richmond way. He will lift the Suns but he wont win a flag with them. Still he will end up a wealthy man.

Yes and the club should sue him. In the rest of the world a contract means something!
To be honest I’m down on the club , they condoned his romps with a staffer by looking the other way , what the hell was a sales rep doing in the hub with the players if the club hadn’t approved it, remember he still had a wife and kids in melbourne who WERNT allowed in the hub yet the club took a sales rep up for him (boy s will be boys). he walked away from us mid contract and mid term citing burn out yet two weeks later here we are , club should sue him for breach of contract but the AFL boys club will put a stop to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back