Hardwick - How long until he's replaced as Richmond's coach

Who is coach of the year so far in 2017?

• Don Pyke

Votes: 60 19.5%
  • Brendon Bolton

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Leon Cameron

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Simon Goodwin

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Other (name in comments)

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 104 33.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond have to sack him. Signing him on after last year was ludicrous, Richmond should've been playing finals at a minimum this year and aiming for top 4. They've been horrendous. They need to sack Hardwick and start the rebuild, paying him out is the best option. Like Melbourne, they've had a culture of mediocrity, with hardly any finals appearances since 1980.

T
If those few coaches survive this year. I'll tell you right now if North don't make the 8 or lose badly in the first week then Scott will go.
This may be true. But he goes with much respect from many north supporters. We've been up there having a crack and won a few finals. Same can't be said for many Melbourne based teams.

Would the Richmond board pay his two years out
They should. If they're half serious about the club progressing then they need to take a new direction. You can't say Hardwick has been a total failure, he has taken them to the finals 3 years running, but they've had seriously indifferent seasons, charging home late to scrape in. It's not really what you want in a side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have to sack him. Signing him on after last year was ludicrous, Richmond should've been playing finals at a minimum this year and aiming for top 4. They've been horrendous. They need to sack Hardwick and start the rebuild, paying him out is the best option. Like Melbourne, they've had a culture of mediocrity, with hardly any finals appearances since 1980.

A big problem in situations like this is the media. They are relentless - if a coach hasn't re-signed they just run article after article about it. Even when the Clarkson deal wasn't done Carro was muck-racking. This even after it was obvious that he wasn't going anywhere after just wining back-to-back flags.

A big problem in situations like this is the media. They are relentless - if a coach hasn't re-signed they just run article after article about it. Even when the Clarkson deal wasn't done Carro was muck-racking. This even after it was obvious that he wasn't going anywhere after just wining back-to-back flags.
You don't need the media to tell everyone they need a new coach. It's obvious.

It's not a dig mate, it's a reality. You've got an older list and you'll need to turn it over.
Didn't think it was a dig and I get why people say what you're saying. I understand where North is at and I'm not afraid of the future, we have some genuinely good young players it's just not cool in the Media to break from the standard "North too old" speil so our youth don't get much exposure.

Didn't think it was a dig and I get why people say what you're saying. I understand where North is at and I'm not afraid of the future, we have some genuinely good young players it's just not cool in the Media to break from the standard "North too old" speil so our youth don't get much exposure.
You've got some guns. That Mason Wood is going to be good. Buster Brown I am a huge fan of as well.

Not sure what he's supposed to be achieving with that terrible team. Don't rate Dimma but Dan Richardson should go first.

Played 1st and 2nd consecutively in the latter half of the year. Imo, wait to see how they go against the Pies. A 7+ goal loss and he's done.
We've played top teams every year. Just last year we were beating them, this year we are losing by 10+ goals.
This year we have had 9 losses by 5+ goals (and we still have to play Geelong, Collingwood, Sydney and Saints) and in the last 3 years we had a combined 11.

5+ goal losses.

2010: 12
2011: 7
2012: 1
2013: 4
2014: 3 (4 with finals)
2015: 3
2016: 9 (4 games remaining)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back