Hardwick - How long until he's replaced as Richmond's coach

Who is coach of the year so far in 2017?

• Don Pyke

Votes: 60 19.5%
  • Brendon Bolton

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Leon Cameron

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Simon Goodwin

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Other (name in comments)

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 104 33.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting Hardwick from The Age match report:
"I remember saying to our forwards before the game if we put our backs and our mids and had their forwards, all of a sudden your side looks different."

What coach says this to his team before a game?
EFA

You mean the players who will be decided their fates/ careers and all that.

Are you joking man?

Errr no. The same reason Melbourne and Carlton also got belted today. It's a psychological thing to check out when there's nothing to play for. Surely you've seen enough footy now...

Coaching a team for 6 seasons without winning a final must be close to a record.
He's been there for 7 years. 157 games coached, yes that is the record for most games coached without a finals win.

Dimma really is the result of Richmond's toxic culture. They have been terrible for 35 years and been through the rinse and repeat of hiring and firing coaches over that time. Something is rotten at the club and until they find out what it is and weed it out the next coach, if they fire Dimma,; is going to suffer the same fate.
Amazing insight. Did you come up with that line all by yourself or did you read it in any one of 3 million threads dissecting how s**t richmond had been for 35 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus, that article on The Age! If those quotes from Hardwick are fair dinkum, there should be a riot down at Punt Rd. Tiges supporters are just getting total spin and nothing more. I don't know how many times this year Dimma had sat in media conferences and praised the opposition, but it's seems like every lose! His media work is total used carsalesman spin! It's like Chris Connelly(Fremantle) MkII.

Amazing insight. Did you come up with that line all by yourself or did you read it in any one of 3 million threads dissecting how s**t richmond had been for 35 years?
Honestly I think Richmond needs an injection of the 'whatever it takes' spirit.

Jesus, that article on The Age! If those quotes from Hardwick are fair dinkum, there should be a riot down at Punt Rd. Tiges supporters are just getting total spin and nothing more. I don't know how many times this year Dimma had sat in media conferences and praised the opposition, but it's seems like every lose! His media work is total used carsalesman spin! It's like Chris Connelly(Fremantle) MkII.
Must sound familiar to you guys though.

Last edited:
Todays result means little, but surely the powers that be at Punt rd know there's no flag coming under him, Tigers are stale ATM and it's probably best to part ways.

IMO he's a pretty good coach, might be a good fit for the Lions or GC.

The playing for nothing s**t is a cop-out. I loved playing teams that were heading into finals when we were out of contention and everytime the coach would give us "lets make it hard for these campaigners" or "lets knock them down a spot" speech, play for your ******* self if nothing else you gutless campaigners...

Richmond are a classic example why football players shouldn't get attached to teams and should go chase glory and/or money elsewhere, you only get one chance at a career, yeah Pav is a dumb campaigner too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back