Review HARKER'S Off-Season Training Summary and Player Ratings.

sparkyblue

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Hark,

Just spent an hour reading this thread and am well and truly fired for the season now...pity our first NAB cup game is still 4 weeks away....

Anyway, really well done son.

audas

Premiership Player
Mar 22, 2005
London
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Zach Tuohy really excites me - ever since I first saw You Tube footage of him playing Gaelic Football, and nothing I have seen since that time has changed my opinion of him - we have definitley found "Gold in them thar Hills" with Zach.

I have gone out on a limb on other forums and have said that by the time Zach finishes his AFL career he will be spoken about as one of the best ever Gaelic imports to our game (Jim Stynes and Tadhg Kennelly inclusive).

I'm looking forward to Zach taking some of the "run & carry" work off the back line from Chris Yarran to allow Yarran to move up to the wing/mid-field - Zach to Yazz to Walker/Waite up forward is a mouth watering prospect.

Link for zach ?

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory
Josh played about 10 Colts games not seniors. I think he played country footy against men in Albany in the first half of the year. AFAIK we didn't 'hide' him away, but I suspect our WA bloke was right on the ball once he saw him at Colts level.

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks again to one and all that have thanked me and as much as I enjoy going to training, I honestly believe I owe this board for all the information it throws back to all of us.
We have plenty of terrific people here that have gone our of their way to afford us all information, images, reports etc. on an ongoing basis and at times it's easy just to take it for granted.
The upshot is whatever we take out, we should put a little back in, at least in some little way where we can.

On the footballing side of things, we have a really exciting group of players right now, along with coaches that will allow them to breathe and exercise the full range of their skills.
I don't know whether that will bring us to within reach of the flag, but we are certainly going to have a team, most will want to come and watch.
Actually, I do know it will take us to a flag, but I just don't want to say it too loudly. :)

A big round of applause for the Harkster!

20050202-11_lx-2005-02-03-001-0-515h.jpg

Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Josh played about 10 Colts games not seniors. I think he played country footy against men in Albany in the first half of the year. AFAIK we didn't 'hide' him away, but I suspect our WA bloke was right on the ball once he saw him at Colts level.

Obviously this is with the benefit of hindsight.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...and-brad-bootsma/story-e6frg1xu-1226200017922

Seems a bit odd that Freo had 2 local KPs (Kerstens, Bootsma) pencilled in, even went as far as trying to get Josh under the F/S rule, then did a complete backflip and went for mid in Sheridan.

Blue since 72

Premiership Player
Feb 13, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
WOW! Just searching through threads to read up on how the teams are going and this is like the holy grail of pre-season reports.

Give him the prize! - nice work HARKER.

46. Davey Ellard

Davey’s kicking has been his highlight in this off-season.
Many of the boys are practicing these low, skimming type passes and Davey is shooting them off as quick as anyone, although not quite as far as Tuohy.
Ellard’s hand-balling has also been of a high standard with him regularly hitting running targets. Probably in the top 15% through these drills which is really saying something for Davey.
Not the “loudest” of trainers but one that really applies himself to his role. I guess that goes without saying.
Rating: 7/10
he may not be the loudest but I doubt anybody is a better listener as Davey. the guy waits on every word Ratts Judd Heath et al ever say. He is a sponge and takes it all in and tries to learn from everybody. Just a shy WA lad with a burning heart and a great work ethic. Gotta love a gritty doer bloke that is prepared to get his hands dirty.

Top work H-Man 10/10.

This Bootsma fella sounds like something special. Couple of mates went down to watch him train and couldn't stop raving about him.

He got to pick 22 on 10 senior games in the WAFL, is that right?
review the threads after the draft
will be plenty eating humble pie soon enough

Let me join the chorus of thanks Harks, your effort in this thread is outstanding. Of course, now you've set a pretty high bar for yourself next year :)

Back