Traded Harley Balic [traded to Melbourne] [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

We hardly have an under 18s comp and the US sports have Collegiate competitions with massive television deals. Recruitment is a lot more difficult when it comes to AFL, so I don't blame the media for not being experts on everyone.

Doesn't stop some sections of the AFL media.

Sometimes boneheads get it right ala BT and Barlow. Though he needs to back it up to prove he ain't a stopped clock.

BT coached Barlow at Assumption before he even went to Werribee.......

BT coached Barlow at Assumption before he even went to Werribee.......

My older brother was at ACK at a similar time to Barlow, said BT was a weird dude. Used to stop and have a chat to the kids if he was dropping his son off at parties and whatnot. Funny though.

Which bears no relevance to the discussion at all!

We hardly have an under 18s comp and the US sports have Collegiate competitions with massive television deals. Recruitment is a lot more difficult when it comes to AFL, so I don't blame the media for not being experts on everyone.
I'd just be happy if all them at least knew a lot about players and teams at the AFL level, swear there are some clowns that probably only bother to watch about 3 games a week properly.

I'd just be happy if all them at least knew a lot about players and teams at the AFL level, swear there are some clowns that probably only bother to watch about 3 games a week properly.

Basil Zempilas spent an entire game calling Hartung and Duryea as Hartung. Must have thought he was all over the ground that day!

really? North not even a mention on my mail. Have heard Hawks, Carlton, Essendon.. with Bulldogs and Saints interested late.

If I had to call it I'd say Hawks, but still a fair bit to play out.
Don't bother must be your mail filtered groin into spam category .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balic looked ok against the D's and kicked a sensational goal. Freo won in the last seconds of the game. To early to say how he will turn out but seems to move ok.

Fairfax saying Melbourne are interested

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...new-contract-by-st-kilda-20170918-gyjxqt.html

"Meanwhile, Melbourne are believed to have shown interest in Fremantle youngster Harley Balic, who is eyeing a move to a Victorian club after two seasons with the Dockers. The 20-year-old spent extended periods on leave from Fremantle this year as he dealt with personal issues. The Demons are remaining tight-lipped on the matter."

They have pick 45, which would probably get it done if it got offered

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...new-contract-by-st-kilda-20170918-gyjxqt.html

"Meanwhile, Melbourne are believed to have shown interest in Fremantle youngster Harley Balic, who is eyeing a move to a Victorian club after two seasons with the Dockers. The 20-year-old spent extended periods on leave from Fremantle this year as he dealt with personal issues. The Demons are remaining tight-lipped on the matter."

About time we showed interest in this fella!

Thought he was coming back to Victoria to exorcise his demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back