News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's only fair that we have skepticism, it's healthy (to a degree) given what we've seen and agree with Ross, we haven't really seen a true return on our investment with him - but it's never too late! If his head is in the right space and this calf niggle is as minor as they say and the stars are aligning blah blah.........c'mon Harley, cometh the hour.....YOU can do this. 100% behind you Harley (perhaps, in context not the best thing to shout out & reveal....).....welcome back brother. Now show us exactly what you're all about - you can do this!! :D

Brilliant! It is going to be a rocky ride, and there will always be that little bit of - "what is the next Harley headline going to be?". But, others have found a way, and I have not really made elite level anything in my time, so I am not one to comment on ones ability to maintain that level. All I do know, is that I loved watching Harley for the Gold Coast - I would actually tune in just to watch him play, so if he gets a regular gig in purple, it makes my football spectating all the more enjoyable.

I am not one to judge, and a more simple type that enjoys footballers playing football. Harley is a straight out footballer. He is a magician on the green turf, time goes slowly and he makes it look like everything is easy. I really hope he can keep his noggin in the right direction, and that his body holds steady. Big call, but I reckon he is the biggest talent in the AFL. I hope he wants it as much as I want him to play!

THE TIME HAS COME to get around him!

Having Bennell up forward will free up Ballas to get off the chain and kick 40+ goals!!! You can’t cover them all! Bennell, Walters, Matera, Ballas! ELITE

Having Bennell up forward will free up Ballas to get off the chain and kick 40+ goals!!! You can’t cover them all! Bennell, Walters, Matera, Ballas! ELITE
Wtf ? Having bennel will free up ballas to be dropped to peel. Sorry. Ballas is yesterday's hero. Free agent to collingwood. 1.2 million per annum for 3 years ThAnks buck's.

If he is fit I don't see why he couldn't come straight into the Rnd1 side with one WAFL game under his belt.

He will have served his punishment so no need to punish further.

Ross is on the record saying that Harley doesn't need games to build in to good form he just naturally has it. (Or something along those lines anyway).

Don't get me wrong.. runs on the board wouldn't hurt. I might be way off the mark tho and he's out til mid season.

Peels round 1 game is on Good Friday which is round 2 of the AFL season. They'll probably have some pre-season games between now and then, but a WAFL scratchie won't be a great guide for AFL form.

Wtf ? Having bennel will free up ballas to be dropped to peel. Sorry. Ballas is yesterday's hero. Free agent to collingwood. 1.2 million per annum for 3 years ThAnks buck's.

He's just trying to be a good buddy. I feel like M_rash will be putting up a long and tiring fight all year. I'll pay my respects to him at the end of the season.

Ballas would struggle to kick 40 at Peel with the form he's in.

Ballas would struggle to kick 40 at Peel with the form he's in.
Are you KIDDING me? Based on recent form Ballas would probably be pushing AA. People are quick to forget, so here’s a reminder of his last two games last year, after coming back from a significant hamstring injury. ELITE.

DA17C3B4-1C59-4928-9FE2-B7411E4AEAB8.jpeg

Ballas is just warming up guys. Wouldn’t read too much into JLT and a scratchie. Career best form beckons in 2018. Pilates will make that difference, and having at least one or two other dangerous small forwards will help even more - something we just didn’t have last year, with Walters up the ground.

Really hoping it brought some context for him. Career almost vanished, and his contract has a pretty abrupt end on the horizon. The alternative story is; get your act together and live the life of a superstar.

Well put. It's true for HB and the club as well with him as a FFC player post 2018 season. In 8 months time his future will be decided one way or the other so I hope for his sake he can stay fit and stay out of trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's just trying to be a good buddy. I feel like M_rash will be putting up a long and tiring fight all year. I'll pay my respects to him at the end of the season.

Ohhh. That's cute. Wish I was someone's buddy. Lol.

He's going to be busier than ydraw on The Grabinator

Cam Shephard, Hill and Hamling all very positive towards Harley today. Let's hope the calves stand up and he can deliver for us this season.
Interesting that the article text on the FFC website completely ignores the Harley comments - in the video, Hamling speaks for more than 2 minutes about Harley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back