News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I doubt he's been fully 'briefed' yet, or is even 'briefable' for that matter (not a criticism for a footballer).
He also nailed the S.Hill call so there’s zero reason to think his Harley comments are off the mark... barring any further setbacks, I reckon Harley will be running around for Peel sometime soon!

Not sure I’m getting excited until I see him walk out in purple tbh.

Won’t be that excited when he is named for Peel or Freo tbh. There’s still a bit that can go wrong at that stage.

I’ve been saying for two years I don’t think he’s any more than a medium forward when he comes back and probably for the rest of his career. We’ll certainly try him in the midfield if he stays fit long enough but it won’t last too long imo. He’s probably always going to miss 5-10 games a year unfortunately. I still however think that 15 games out of Harley Bennell as a forward only is highly beneficial for the Fremantle Football Club and that is why I still hold out some hope.

Hey fellas any news on Bennell? After tonight’s game with Tabs and our young blokes stepping up in great fashion the prospect of having Bennell as a forward that can actually mark is really something. If he can get on the park it would drastically improve the forward line imo

Hey fellas any news on Bennell? After tonight’s game with Tabs and our young blokes stepping up in great fashion the prospect of having Bennell as a forward that can actually mark is really something. If he can get on the park it would drastically improve the forward line imo

there was suggestion he is going to play for Peel this coming Sat but I haven't heard any official news or seen it in print anywhere (on the Internet, I don't buy newspapers...). It would be epic to get him playing again so early in a season, just hope they can fix this calf issue and get him out there; lighting up Optus in his entirely own way!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know where he's at? In regards to injury/form/chance of playing ect Call me a wildly optimistic dockers supporter (aren't we all) but I have a feeling with the team now gelling that this guy could just add that polish needed to put us right in finals contention.

Anyone know where he's at? In regards to injury/form/chance of playing ect Call me a wildly optimistic dockers supporter (aren't we all) but I have a feeling with the team now gelling that this guy could just add that polish needed to put us right in finals contention.
He's about 3 weeks from playing at any level according to ross' interview last week

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

That contradicts what ross said 2 weeks ago. Said he expects him to get another contract. Ross will leave no stone unturned to get Harley playing in purple.

You're right but its hard to stay optimistic about Harley after everything that has happened. This latest calf injury was supposed to be 21 days and its somehow stretched out to like what 2 months or something.

There is such a big opportunity cost in paying a guy that can't stay on the park. Right now we have, say, $650k(?) a year tied up in Bennell and Apeness. That is a sizable chunk of a good free agent salary.
Hope they both play every week from now on. But we can all be seduced by potential that just can't be realised

If he didn't play this season why would you keep him on? Unless you put him on rookie wages. And that's if he is keeping his personal life in check. If he is playing up it will rub off on the groms.

That contradicts what ross said 2 weeks ago. Said he expects him to get another contract. Ross will leave no stone unturned to get Harley playing in purple.

What did you expect him to say?

"yeah, look, the ball is in Harleys court now. We have done everything we can, but you can lead a horse to water and s**t..."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back