Nostradamus Lives Harley Bennell Covid Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

Not defending Bennell - probably should have been given what the Richmond players got, but maybe they didn't go as hard because it sounds like he was in a messed up mental state and went to households with only a few people there, rather than loving life getting lappies at the rippers in a crowded venue.

Melbourne may have already given the AFL the indication that they will release him so whether it is 1 week, 4 weeks or 40 weeks won't really matter if that's the case.

Melbourne may have already given the AFL the indication that they will release him so whether it is 1 week, 4 weeks or 40 weeks won't really matter if that's the case.
Where did you hear that? If Melbourne releases him there is no hope of him getting another chance, so yeah, the number of weeks is pretty irrelevant. Feel a bit sorry for him, he seems to have mental issues.

Where did you hear that? If Melbourne releases him there is no hope of him getting another chance, so yeah, the number of weeks is pretty irrelevant. Feel a bit sorry for him, he seems to have mental issues.

He has mental issues in the sense that he lacks intelligence, but he's not mentally ill just someone that likes drugs and alcohol, and thinks he's above rules.

No-one should feel sorry for him he's probably averaged a couple hundred grand per year for the past decade so he'd be set up. He's not getting up at 6am to get $20 per hour.

He has mental issues in the sense that he lacks intelligence, but he's not mentally ill just someone that likes drugs and alcohol, and thinks he's above rules.

No-one should feel sorry for him he's probably averaged a couple hundred grand per year for the past decade so he'd be set up. He's not getting up at 6am to get $20 per hour.
I've known both types. Some people have genuine mental issues, It's a serious illness. Then some people are just D!ickheads. I have no idea which one he is, but I'll reserve judgment until someone more qualified assesses it.

I've known both types. Some people have genuine mental issues, It's a serious illness. Then some people are just D!ickheads. I have no idea which one he is, but I'll reserve judgment until someone more qualified assesses it.

So he had no control over his actions when he drove 180 kilometres to the Gold Coast?

So he had no control over his actions when he drove 180 kilometres to the Gold Coast?
Yes he does. But is he off the rails because he has a genuine medical issue, or is he just a dick head?

Eg -without being qualified to make a diagnosis - Ben Cousins has serious mental issues. I've had mates with serious mental issues, it's an illness that needs to be treated, not just a bloke who doesn’t care and is looking for a good time.

On the other hand my mate Thomo* went on a bender and blew $2,500 at the rippers, lost his keys and passed out in the street on a big night out - he's just a d!ck head.

See my point?

Yes he does. But is he off the rails because he has a genuine medical issue, or is he just a dick head?

Eg -without being qualified to make a diagnosis - Ben Cousins has serious mental issues. I've had mates with serious mental issues, it's an illness that needs to be treated, not just a bloke who doesn’t care and is looking for a good time.

On the other hand my mate Thomo* went on a bender and blew $2,500 at the rippers, lost his keys and passed out in the street on a big night out - he's just a d!ck head.

See my point?
Ben cousins has mental issues because he was a dkhead who took drugs.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 weeks is a joke. A breach is a breach. The only difference between what Bennell has done and the two Richmond players is that no-one king hit him.

You'd be pretty filthy if you'e one of the two suspended Richmond players.

Bennell is just bad news. Multiple off field indiscretions at three different clubs now.

He's a fringe player, hasn't learned his lessons from the Gold Coast days, incapable of obeying rules and laws.

I don't know why you'd keep him.

On the vague hope that he'll make good on his "gonna be the best player in the league someday" potential circa 2014.

Is he actually a bad influence on others, or just himself?

I'd give him one more year, and by the he'll be 29 and theoretically past his prime either way, so if it doesn't work out, then he's probably done anyway.

Apparently there were multiple breaches by him of the Covid rules while he was up there, including walking around late at night outside of the hotel. Seems like players are breaching but only getting fined when it gets out.

Retired now. Time to leave him be. Wasn't cut out for it. It's not for everyone.

I'd be a little worried about what's to come for him now though.

Old mate goes out there and gets a job like the rest of us. No-one likes getting up early and busting your arse all day but you do it.

We'll see what kind of man he is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back