News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure how I feel about this news if confirmed. Sounds very familiar to the Harley Rollercoaster ride

Freo S&C team would be sleeping a little easier.

if burgess can’t get him right and he break down prior to Christmas then I am comfortable.

All the best Harley.

More noise in the media this morning he’s done another injury - that bloke could have been on the money

Poor bloke, can’t see demons picking him now. Maybe he can work towards getting to a decent state and be an option for a mid season pick up somewhere, I can’t see it happening personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More noise in the media this morning he’s done another injury - that bloke could have been on the money

Poor bloke, can’t see demons picking him now. Maybe he can work towards getting to a decent state and be an option for a mid season pick up somewhere, I can’t see it happening personally

It’s awful. If it’s not just physically, Harley probably also have mental scars from just running and thinking whether his calf will give way.
Never really investigated how he got the strain in the first place? Was it at Gold Coast initially then he tried to play through it? The suns do have the worst S&C team in the league, so that’s not surprising if he did it there

So..............not our fault then. I'm guessing a few prewritten articles went in the 'trash' this morning at The West. :huh:

Very sad - very very sad - If he has been wise with his money he should be set up for life and do well enough to leave his kids something.

I hope he takes the same application to study or work as he did to training. He was hardworking - just couldn't get on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really get the ex-Docker stuff. He played 2 games for us, and really he was gifted at least 1.
He played 80 something at GC, so really he's an ex GC player, that we took on.
Really bad idea too just quietly, and Rosich & RTB were to blame.
They thought he'd be the icing on the cake.
He's cooked, and probs has been since GC days

Maybe his body that he was born with simply is just not up the physical rigours of the sport and S & C staff aren't miracle workers at any club? Controversial I know.
His body was up to it for about 80 games with GC. That’s the bit I don’t understand.

AFL clubs send players out injured all the time.

If you're still playing by your late twenties then I hope your bedroom is on the ground level.
Don't you hope all players have their bedrooms on the ground level so you don't have to bring a ladder with you to climb through the window?

From a medical perspective it interesting to see how much s**t is peddled. It’s a nerve....he has an extra muscle....in truth no one had any idea. I feel sorry for Harley but this exposes the many falsehoods of sports medicine and medicine in general.

I don't really get the ex-Docker stuff. He played 2 games for us, and really he was gifted at least 1.
He played 80 something at GC, so really he's an ex GC player, that we took on.
Really bad idea too just quietly, and Rosich & RTB were to blame.
They thought he'd be the icing on the cake.
He's cooked, and probs has been since GC days

Freo has this messiah syndrome. Its ingrained in the clubs culture to chase that magical mystical single piece of the jigsaw that will take us to the cup. Never does but costs us heaps and gains us nothing.

Freo has this messiah syndrome. Its ingrained in the clubs culture to chase that magical mystical single piece of the jigsaw that will take us to the cup. Never does but costs us heaps and gains us nothing.
bingo going back to trading everything for the likes of des headland, Josh Carr and Chris Tarrant.

Saying that.... It has me gutted. He only played 80 odd AFL games and only 2 for Freo in 4 years.

Had he still played 80 AFL games in which 60 were suns games and 20-25 Freo games in 4 years, at least he would of played 10-15 solid Dockers games.

Scott Gumbleton, Anthony Morabito, Harley Bennell. All were top 5 picks, all were in freos list at one point. All from Peel. All talented blokes but injury prone.

Yes I am still bitter on how useful all3 blokes could of been if the cards fell the Dockers way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back