News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Apologies if I’m Intruding, I come in peace.

Seems a bit sudden to cut him straight after this latest injury? I know Freo have supported this guy through thick and thin despite his continued * ups so not throwing anything bad towards the club just wondering why the need to announce it in the middle of the season? Led by Harley so he can just move on?

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sadly, it now appears to be official.

The only relevant quote from Peter Bell in that article is this one:
“We will wrap our arms around him and provide all the support he requires while he rehabilitates the injury.”
I reckon we aren’t just cutting him loose.

Check out the subtitle on the link too. A calf injury at a Monday training session?

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hmm, maybe go **** your self.
Wow, bit of a... huge overreaction. It was a Friday night though. What pints were you on?

I was genuinely asking if it was known amongst Aboriginals there or if you decided to use an Aboriginal word just because we're talking about an Indigenous guy...

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I was genuinely asking if it was known amongst Aboriginals there or if you decided to use an Aboriginal word just because we're talking about an Indigenous guy...
Surely this isn't serious and you are just taking the piss or trolling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Please don’t attach links/articles or quote anything from WA today. There is more truth in the Prosh paper.

HB has a baby on the way so will likely take a short break and then be back at the club doing his rehab. I think we all know what the likely outcome will now be at the end of the season.

The interesting quote from the West Australian was Colin Young. In the past he has been strong in saying that it is minor and HB will be back. Seemed confined to being the last straw.

Wow, bit of a... huge overreaction. It was a Friday night though. What pints were you on?

Honest question, have people ever told you they get offended by this stuff or have you just decided every word that has some vague connection to Indigenous culture can be offensive

Greyhairs

Senior List
May 6, 2019
Rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins.
Today’s West is saying that HB isn’t quite done with the club yet.
Who do we believe?
As for this Silent Alarm bloke , be better for us all if he just kept sleeping through.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
They follow each other on Instagram. Not that it necessarily means much either way, but you’d expect they wouldn’t follow each other if they didn’t like each other. I could be wrong.

It's wrong to think that these things are always individual. Can run a bit deeper with extended family.

Kelly does have more mates at the Eagles though than Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back