Harley Bennell punches on with 5 bouncers

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I firmly believe all Harley needs is strong leadership and a strong mentor. He clearly hasn't had that since being drafted.

The Individual does not fail. Organisations fail.
Rubbish, if I was on AFL player wages, and lucky enough to have that great job, I’d be behaving myself. Some dropkicks are beyond help!

astro1212

Cancelled
May 7, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Bennell with another "calf strain". Wonder how long until freo and him "part ways"...surely by round 12.

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Question without notice - If a player were to test positive to prescription drugs - would that count as a strike or would that be considered to be outside of the jurisdiction of the AFL's testing guidelines ?

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Question without notice - If a player were to test positive to prescription drugs - would that count as a strike or would that be considered to be outside of the jurisdiction of the AFL's testing guidelines ?

Starting to unremember all the ASADA/Essendon stuff. But it's a mixed answer.

Some prescription drugs are totally fine. Some stuff is banned on match day only, such as Crowleys little "painkiller" - but it still has to clear your system (24 hours-ish). Some stuff you apply for a therapuetic exemption and then you can use it once approved. Some stuff just can't be used if you are a performing athlete, so make a decision on your health/lifestyle or playing sport at a top tier.

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Starting to unremember all the ASADA/Essendon stuff. But it's a mixed answer.

Some prescription drugs are totally fine. Some stuff is banned on match day only, such as Crowleys little "painkiller" - but it still has to clear your system (24 hours-ish). Some stuff you apply for a therapuetic exemption and then you can use it once approved. Some stuff just can't be used if you are a performing athlete, so make a decision on your health/lifestyle or playing sport at a top tier.
Noted - so therefore if a player was not currently playing (e.g. on the long term injury list) and thus not a currently performing athlete and also obviously unable to be tested on game day - and added to that had little disregard for their "health/lifestyle or playing sport at a top tier" - prescription drugs might well be their poison of choice to get their fix on a daily basis and yet avoid any strikes courtesy of the AFL's drug testing policies ???

Last edited:

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Noted - so therefore if a player was not currently playing (e.g. on the long term injury list) and thus not a currently performing athlete and also obviously unable to be tested on game day - and added to that had little disregard for their "health/lifestyle or playing sport at a top tier" - prescription drugs might well be their poison of choice to get their fix on a daily basis and yet avoid any strikes courtesy of the AFL's drug testing policies ???
Nope, whilst on an AFL list, they are considered an active player, injured or not, and can be tested any day.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Will have to ask Michael Johnson to find out....
Excellent thread so far.. A West Coast supporter alluding to drug use within a club that's not West Coast, a St Kilda supporter rabbitting on about a team "missing finals", and Bulldogs supporter making perfect sense. I honestly don't know which one is more surprising.

astro1212

Cancelled
May 7, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Excellent thread so far.. A West Coast supporter alluding to drug use within a club that's not West Coast, a St Kilda supporter rabbitting on about a team "missing finals", and Bulldogs supporter making perfect sense. I honestly don't know which one is more surprising.

Bit like the years of docker fans hanging crap on WC for drug related incidents as if their backyard was ever clean from early 00's.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Bit like the years of docker fans hanging crap on WC for drug related incidents as if their backyard was ever clean from early 00's.
Mate, I generally don't make comment on off-field behaviours of players. They are young men with a sudden influx of money and fame, so I understand that all clubs are going to come across it. But seriously, if I was an Eagles supporter after what happened at that club i'd be avoiding the conversation like an 8 year old avoids Brussels Sprouts.

astro1212

Cancelled
May 7, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Mate, I generally don't make comment on off-field behaviours of players. They are young men with a sudden influx of money and fame, so I understand that all clubs are going to come across it. But seriously, if I was an Eagles supporter after what happened at that club i'd be avoiding the conversation like an 8 year old avoids Brussels Sprouts.

And there it is. I rest my case :drunk:

Back