Harley Bennell punches on with 5 bouncers

Remove this Banner Ad

Fingers crossed he turns things around. What a waste of talent.

Why fingers crossed? Just because he's talented? There are plenty of talented players in the AFL who are actually hard working players and/or good blokes.

He seems like a knob who has no respect for anyone and only cares about himself...i'd be done with him if I was a teammate of his...the guy clearly doesn't really care about the club, he's just collecting a paycheck for doing nothing.

Constantly getting in off-field incidents, drinks when he's supposed to be rehabilitating his injuries, missing training, fighting bouncers etc
Douchebag. Hope he gets sacked.

One or two? I can list following just off top of my head:

- Johnson and cocaine
- Ryan Crowley performance enhancing drugs
- Luke Ryan drinking
- Brennan cox drinking
- Connor blakeley pretending to be ill so he can leave early and then gosurfing
- banishment of Walters
- Johnson dropping his dacks in public
- 3x separate Bennell incidents
- Colin Sylvia attitude problems
- Chris Yarran jail

Yep sure, one or two incidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnson and cocaine - correct
Crowley performance enhancing drugs - Now you really are gilding the lily , They were pain killers taken for some chronic pain he was suffering , Which had an ingredient which was on the asada banned list, which he didn't know about , But all footballers should get the o.k from the club doctor before tacking anything , Which he did not do , He did a stupid thing and paid the price , But Crowls was far from a disruption around the club or a bad egg , The opposite he was someone the youngsters could look up to and a super hard trainer
Luke Ryan - Having a quiet drink after a night game 6 days prior to game day , there apparently is a rule , you can only drink if there is a 7 day gap , This would not even be a issue at some clubs , And a storm in a teacup
Cox - Ditto
Blakely- was ill not pretending and claims he was feeling better in the afternoon , I will take him at his word , Not ideal but hardly a hanging offence
Banishment of Walters - Glad you mentioned this one , This case actually defeats your argument somewhat , In that we turned around a troubled individual put him on the straight and narrow and he his now in the leadership group , With a very similar approach to the one taken with Bennell.
Johnson drops Dacks in public - yep idiot
3 seperate Bennell incidents - yep idiot 2 games played
Colin who? - DELISTED If he had a poor attitude says more about Melbournes culture than ours 6 freo 157 Melbourne
Chris Yarran jail - Yep for a crime he committed before he joined the Dockers - DELISTED 6 games
So there you have it 3 of the serial offenders have hardly played a game for the Dockers and hardly long term players ,14 games between the whole 3
The only long term player who has been an issue is Johnno , And two have been delisted because of their actions and or attitudes.

Last edited:
Johnson and cocaine - correct
Crowley performance enhancing drugs - Now you really are gilding the lily , They were pain killers taken for some chronic pain he was suffering , Which had an ingredient which was on the asada banned list, which he didn't know about , But all footballers should get the o.k from the club doctor before tacking anything , Which he did not do , He did a stupid thing and paid the price , But Crowls was far from a disruption around the club or a bad egg , The opposite he was someone the youngsters could look up to and a super hard trainer
Luke Ryan - Having a quiet drink after a night game 6 days prior to game day , there apparently is a rule , you can only drink if there is a 7 day gap , This would not even be a issue at some clubs , And a storm in a teacup
Cox - Ditto
Blakely- was ill not pretending and claims he was feeling better in the afternoon , I will take him at his word , Not ideal but hardly a hanging offence
Banishment of Walters - Glad you mentioned this one , This case actually defeats your argument somewhat , In that we turned around a troubled individual put him on the straight and narrow and he his now in the leadership group , With a very similar approach to the one taken with Bennell.
Johnson drops Dacks in public - yep idiot
3 seperate Bennell incidents - yep idiot 2 games played
Colin who? - DELISTED If he had a poor attitude says more about Melbournes culture than ours 6 freo 157 Melbourne
Chris Yarran jail - Yep for a crime he committed before he joined the Dockers - DELISTED 6 games
So there you have it 3 of the serial offenders have hardly played a game for the Dockers and hardly long term players ,12 games between the whole 3
The only long term player who has been an issue is Johnno , And two have been delisted because of their actions and or attitudes.
Jeff farmer? Heath black?

Blakely so sick but can drive 3 hours for a surf....right.

Freo and Lyon getting their just desserts for thinking trawling through other clubs' hard rubbish is a viable recruiting strategy.
-Lovett, Sylvia and Bennel all known scumbags who mastercoach thought would help him break his maiden status!

Farmer - My least favourite Docker,had anger issues , Same as West coast not counting if the issues are 10yrs old or more
Black - last issue 10 yrs ago because he retired in 2008 , So same deal , he may have had some issues since retirement but not my concern , He has admitted to mental health problems so a sensitive area .Also the post only replied to the op's comments

Freo and Lyon getting their just desserts for thinking trawling through other clubs' hard rubbish is a viable recruiting strategy.
-Lovett, Sylvia and Bennel all known scumbags who mastercoach thought would help him break his maiden status!
Lovett ??? don't try and palm that crettin off on us he was all yours and Essendon's .

Farmer - My least favourite Docker,had anger issues , Same as West coast not counting if the issues are 10yrs old or more
Black - last issue 10 yrs ago because he retired in 2008 , So same deal , he may have had some issues since retirement but not my concern , He has admitted to mental health problems so a sensitive area .Also the post only replied to the op's comments
What's your opinion on your clubs punishment for those incidents (I.e. farmer and black)

Luke Ryan cant have a beer because there is a game in six days but Mitch Marsh is allowed to drink beers each night of a test match.

One of the sporting codes have got it wrong.

Why fingers crossed? Just because he's talented? There are plenty of talented players in the AFL who are actually hard working players and/or good blokes.

He seems like a knob who has no respect for anyone and only cares about himself...i'd be done with him if I was a teammate of his...the guy clearly doesn't really care about the club, he's just collecting a paycheck for doing nothing.

Constantly getting in off-field incidents, drinks when he's supposed to be rehabilitating his injuries, missing training, fighting bouncers etc
Douchebag. Hope he gets sacked.

I prefer to see people at their best and happy in life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shows Lyon never learns!
In the Lovett case he would not have known that he did not know the meaning of the word no ,when he got him to St kilda, I believe recruiting Bennell was a stupid move , But maybe they were fresh from the successful transformation of Walters so were feeling lucky.

I don't think these sort of things happen because of the culture of the club, there are just dickheads that play football at every club. Personally, I thought he was meant to be on his last chance so does this now mean he is on double secret probation?

Not sure it would hurt Freo too much to cut ties with him. I don't think he will get back to the player he once was and to be fair, he wasn't a superstar.

Just shows Lyon never learns!

There was a few incidents under Lyons watch at St Kilda:
-St Kilda schoolgirl and susbsequent photos scandal
-Players sent home from an NZ trip for abusing prescription drugs
Probably more stuff I’m forgetting

Doesn’t seem to instill a lot of discipline in his players off field.

Too harsh
I can't remember but yeah too harsh;) , i don't want to look in the rear view mirror , our future is all i care about , Our admin are different ,our footy department are different , our coaching staff are different , So the punishment dished out 10 years ago has no relevance to today, We have an exciting group of young players coming through and if Dick heads like Bennell don't want the opportunity then he can F**k off and let someone hungry for the chance have a go

You can't watch 40 , 20 something year olds 24 /7 , You are now just looking for excuses it's quite pathetic

You can't watch 40 , 20 something year olds 24 /7 , You are now just looking for excuses it's quite pathetic
Woosha on the other hand ruled with an iron fist.. no one dared step out of line on his shift as we all know. How’s that glass house coming along Kane?

I don't think these sort of things happen because of the culture of the club, there are just dickheads that play football at every club. Personally, I thought he was meant to be on his last chance so does this now mean he is on double secret probation?

Not sure it would hurt Freo too much to cut ties with him. I don't think he will get back to the player he once was and to be fair, he wasn't a superstar.

Under-rated movie, I dig the reference

Andrew Lovett rape case

Andrew Lovett public intoxication

Sam Fisher getting knocked out cold in a night club bathroom

Ross Lyon wrongly verbally abuses rookie ruckman in front of the playing list. Riewoldt is forced to apologise on his behalf

Ross Lyon bans players from attending education or career development opportunities

Ross Lyon infamously announces a handful of players retirements. Players had not retired

Ross Lyons public spat with Luke Ball

Ross Lyon loses all of his money on speculative shares. Is forced to sell his home and move in with a relative

Ross Lyon proclaims a player we drafted as no good immediately after we just drafted him

Gehrig charged with assault from a pub brawl

Stevie Baker assaulted at a pub during the bye

Ross Lyon and Shane Warne public spat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back