News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

yep, look at how bat sh5t crazy Hardly went after Ballas called him on his bs. Scrutinise every element of other's lives with judgement added in for fun, but any on themselves and they crack the sh5ts.
It was kind of hilarious how much of a cry he had for being called out. Not that he had any credibility to begin with but even his most staunch supporter would have cringed at his reaction. Hook line and sinker Ballas, well played.

Ralph saying he is 2 weeks away from playing

In the tweet Ralph gets his info from Colin Young. Don’t mean to be a spoil sport but Colin Young reckons ... every time I hear Colin he says 2-weeks.

They have interviewed him on the radio post Bennell’s injury mishaps and he always says “just got off the phone to Harley - minor strain just a 2-weeker”. The most recent “2-weeker” that he quoted on radio has ended up being about a “6-weeker” with still 2 weeks to run.

I really hope Bennell gets a slice of luck with his calf but I won’t be holding my breath that he will be playing again with Peel in 2-weeks. Also might be just me but if he is currently at 70% loading, 2-weeks also sounds a bit ambitious to get up to 100% with Bennell’s calf injury history.

Let’s hope I’m wrong.
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the tweet Ralph gets his info from Colin Young. Don’t mean to be a spoil sport but Colin Young reckons ... every time I hear Colin he says 2-weeks.

They have interviewed him on the radio post Bennell’s injury mishaps and he always says “just got off the phone to Harley - minor strain just a 2-weeker”. The most recent “2-weeker” that he quoted on radio has ended up being about a “6-weeker” with still 2 weeks to run.

I really hope Bennell gets a slice of luck with his calf but I won’t be holding my breath that he will be playing again with Peel in 2-weeks. Also might be just me but if he is currently at 70% loading, 2-weeks also sounds a bit ambitious to get up to 100% with Bennell’s calf injury history.

Let’s hope I’m wrong.
Saw Harley in the rehab group this morning and if he's two weeks away then I'll be running out next week.

“Is this the same bloke who runs around and pretends to be a footballer at Fremantle? A cardboard cutout would give more output than him,” he told TAB Radio this morning.

“Is this the guy who, if you went on a trip to the back of his mind, it’s not a long journey?

“I’ll leave you with this. If I, or anyone, has to take advice from him, please...shoot me.”
Balla didn't hold back... crikey!

“I don’t know where Brad Hardie gets all his absolute garbage from but he has to have a good look at himself I think"

What he wasn't moving freely?
Jogging really slowly, and looked to be struggling. I'm just a layman and this is just my opinion, but I thought he looked pretty "out of shape" compared to how he looked earlier in the season. Before the haters say I am bashing him, I'm not - I love Harley and want to see him play, just how I saw it today.

Jogging really slowly, and looked to be struggling. I'm just a layman and this is just my opinion, but I thought he looked pretty "out of shape" compared to how he looked earlier in the season. Before the haters say I am bashing him, I'm not - I love Harley and want to see him play, just how I saw it today.

Cheers for the update. He would look out of shape because he has barely trained since end of Jan. in fact he returned for a slow jog and felt “awareness” about mid Feb and only been back into training the past week or two. RTB said a couple of weeks ago that Harley is having to reset after missing basically all of Feb and as a result would be a good month into the season before he is ready for some action.

yep, look at how bat sh5t crazy Hardly went after Ballas called him on his bs. Scrutinise every element of other's lives with judgement added in for fun, but any on themselves and they crack the sh5ts.

Always thought the AFLPA should hire a few private investigators to follow some of these blokes around for a few weeks , build up a nice little dossier on the worst of them and then clothesline them straight off their high horses when the time is right

See how they enjoy someone rooting through their rubbish bins looking for used condoms and digging for dirty secrets

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I only mean this in the football sense... 2019 is do or die for Bennell.

If footy smarts and skills were enough, he'd be resting on our extended bench for every game for the next century. At some point it has to come to and end.

He was a risk at the time, for his talent/ injuries/baggage we paid a fair price. He was a project, if he was on the park we would be a better team and you rarely get a player who could often and consistently win the game off their own boot - he is one of them.

I'd love to see the Bennell project come good for us, Fyfe has sheer bloody mindedness, application and is a huge friggen beast, Bennell doesn't have the advantage of being bigger than most other midfielders (an undeniable advantage that Fyfe has) - Bennell was good because he is a once in a generation level of talent (yes, I'm saying more talented than Fyfe). Any day of the week and twice on Sundays, you want that talent on the park, for all of the "Oh Noes" over any off field behavior, people cite him as a hard worker at training, and it is a crying shame that we don't get to see it all on the park on game day :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always thought the AFLPA should hire a few private investigators to follow some of these blokes around for a few weeks , build up a nice little dossier on the worst of them and then clothesline them straight off their high horses when the time is right

See how they enjoy someone rooting through their rubbish bins looking for used condoms and digging for dirty secrets

I'm ready to pay the first $50 to this. But I'd hate to think of the diseases they could get from rooting around a gossip columnists bin.

One infiltrator with a camera phone at any media staff party would be enough to kybosh their incessant moralising about drug use by AFL players.

I'm ready to pay the first $50 to this. But I'd hate to think of the diseases they could get from rooting around a gossip columnists bin.
I don't know about this. Commentators use to comment on the game. Sometime around the 90s they starting reporting on off-field incidents. The Wayne Carey fiasco really fuelled this as the fans lapped up the juicy gossip of one of the stars of the game getting up to no good. The weekly updates on Ben Cousins only made it worse.

Personally, I couldn't care less who some young dude brings to the brownlow or how many beers he has after a game. I'm more interested in how they perform on the field.

Unfortunately, there are so many supporters who love to read the garbage, particularly to re-report it as some kind of 'inside info' on how crap the opposition is. It's this appetite that has turned otherwise very good commentators into the ambulance chasing hack journos we have today.

I'll give you and example; when was the last time you heard Drew Morphett rubbish on about Harley Bennell or Jack Watts?

Bring back the good old days when football was about football.

Hardy has clotheslined himself several times already hasn't he?

I don't know about this. Commentators use to comment on the game. Sometime around the 90s they starting reporting on off-field incidents. The Wayne Carey fiasco really fuelled this as the fans lapped up the juicy gossip of one of the stars of the game getting up to no good. The weekly updates on Ben Cousins only made it worse.

Personally, I couldn't care less who some young dude brings to the brownlow or how many beers he has after a game. I'm more interested in how they perform on the field.

Unfortunately, there are so many supporters who love to read the garbage, particularly to re-report it as some kind of 'inside info' on how crap the opposition is. It's this appetite that has turned otherwise very good commentators into the ambulance chasing hack journos we have today.

I'll give you and example; when was the last time you heard Drew Morphett rubbish on about Harley Bennell or Jack Watts?

Bring back the good old days when football was about football.

lol'd

One infiltrator with a camera phone at any media staff party would be enough to kybosh their incessant moralising about drug use by AFL players.
I don't think it would. They won't give the story any traction. They look after their own and they own all the conversation avenues.

Look at how the media picked up and ran the story of a washington post columnist being murdered by a middle eastern government, as though it was the first time they had done such a thing. It mattered because it was one of their own.

Hollywood giving Oscars to movies about Hollywood.

I don't think it would. They won't give the story any traction. They look after their own and they own all the conversation avenues.

Look at how the media picked up and ran the story of a washington post columnist being murdered by a middle eastern government, as though it was the first time they had done such a thing. It mattered because it was one of their own.

Hollywood giving Oscars to movies about Hollywood.

Don't know about that a couple of high profile players doing a YouTube bit with a humorous script exposing the journo's who are pretty well universally despised by the fans would clock up a fair few views I'd say

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back