News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually heard a few days ago that he’s always at pubs down in Mandy drinking away. Surely getting on the piss isn’t good for rehab? Anywho I gave up on him around mid 2017. Delist him, Retire Sandi and go into that mid season draft with a few options.

I actually heard a few days ago that he’s always at pubs down in Mandy drinking away. Surely getting on the piss isn’t good for rehab? Anywho I gave up on him around mid 2017. Delist him, Retire Sandi and go into that mid season draft with a few options.
Not sure you can delist a contracted player who's not even half way through his contract can you?
Maybe he could be put on the LTI list.

Send him to Hawthorn

The cruelest thing we did was extending his contract. I said it 12 months ago, we should have let him do a Zac Clarke and go to the WAFL under less pressure from nutter sports scientists and be in an environment where his skills would shine enough to overcome the fact that he was not keeping up with some university graduate's computer algorithms. He would have had 12 months to slowly build fitness, confidence and have fun .
* Hawthorn, send him to Subi. We all want to see talent like that on the field playing even if it's not for us. A year at Subi and let him try out for the draft

Why he was given another year is a big mystery. Some real F***wits in charge of list management . Ross is a bigger one he said he would offer him ten years. It was time to move on last year .

The cruelest thing we did was extending his contract. I said it 12 months ago, we should have let him do a Zac Clarke and go to the WAFL under less pressure from nutter sports scientists and be in an environment where his skills would shine enough to overcome the fact that he was not keeping up with some university graduate's computer algorithms. He would have had 12 months to slowly build fitness, confidence and have fun .
**** Hawthorn, send him to Subi. We all want to see talent like that on the field playing even if it's not for us. A year at Subi and let him try out for the draft
I agree with all of that except the Subiaco part **** Subi sideways
Just play at peel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the fat lady sung yet? Seriously, it must be time. Sad but realistic

Has the fat lady sung yet? Seriously, it must be time. Sad but realistic

She's done her fourth encore, left the stage and was seen driving away in a black limo, the lights have come on and the ushers are picking up the rubbish.

There's a whole new level of optimism for anybody in the seats still expecting more from this show.

She's done her fourth encore, left the stage and was seen driving away in a black limo, the lights have come on and the ushers are picking up the rubbish.

There's a whole new level of optimism for anybody in the seats still expecting more from this show.

Some of have the Ring cycle in a boxed CD set, so it is always easy to replay the last moments of Brunhilde as the Gods fade away whilst sitting in your armchair.....

He probably knows he is done, so is spending one last year on good money enjoying himself before jumping on the tools.

He's had numerous incidents with alcohol over the years. It wouldn't surprise me if Bennell wasn't doing the necessary recovery away from the club to get himself right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back