News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...-lyon-in-no-rush-to-pick-injuryplagued-docker

I can understand the logic behind it, but regardless of the team's run, personally i'd want an exception to be made in this instance, from a purely selfish PoV. Kind of from a 'make hay while the sun shines' view - if he's fit and performing (ie. capable of multiple goal games and full game time) I'd like to see what he can do in a Freo site before his run is up (if it is up, that is).

His form forward at the moment isn’t white hot. He’s got better midfield form. He doesn’t really have a spot in the middle at the moment.

Will be interesting to see where he starts with us.

Personally, I'd struggle to give less *s whether Harley comes in next week or in three weeks, as long as they are managing his fitness for the long term. We all want to see him running around for Freo NOW, but the club wants him running around for Freo for the next 5 years.

The team is improving before our eyes and we've won three in a row, let's all enjoy that and let the Harley comeback unfold in due course.

Personally, I'd struggle to give less ****s whether Harley comes in next week or in three weeks, as long as they are managing his fitness for the long term. We all want to see him running around for Freo NOW, but the club wants him running around for Freo for the next 5 years.

The team is improving before our eyes and we've won three in a row, let's all enjoy that and let the Harley comeback unfold in due course.
Yeah - although I am impatient I agree.. Adding Harley as a 15-17 game a year player for the next 4-5 years would be a massive point of improvement for us long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well so far it's a diagnosis by a tv "Perthonality" who was effectively a spectator. Probably not definitive.

AFL.com.au understands the former Sun had ice applied to his right ankle area and Fremantle said the extent of the injury would be advised following scans and assessment in coming days.

No confirmation on injury type as yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back