News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Game over. :'(

images

Best we wait Tue - but it is looking likely that Bennell will be added to the list of delistings/retirees. I would have resigned him even if just played 10 WAFL games without injury. But this is his second issue this year. Last time back at the end of January 2019 he was flying and an Achilles/calf tightness issue resulted in 8-weeks of no training. Now a second issue. If minor and relatively clear on scans then he needs to just get back out there and push on. If a tear or strain then it is curtains for HB sadly.

He had a collision with a Perth player didn’t he? That wouldn’t of occurred if he was at the MCG today.

But yeah look hes clearly fragile. It is what it is.

He colided with a bloke playing WAFL. But that wouldn't have happened playing in the AFL?

Right.....

Not sure if you saw how physical the game was, let alone how wet it was. Lots of collisions in the game.

wow what a disaster harley bennel trade has become considering we could have drafted Brayden Fiorini
If when how what... hindsight is wonderful. Imagine we did not take Fyfe at 17, or someone else did before...

Same with Hogan, nobody knows the future, but you hope it is good. On top of that Fiorini is meh.

If you have a crystal ball, please share

Sorry Benfica, I am fairly devo with the news. I just wanted the bloke out there again and I suspect this is the end of it. Hope he copes with it. He is stronger than I with his comeback attempts. I am glad as a club we have stuck by him as I think it shows our commitment to the group. There is more to this than lost opportunity. It is a story of a blokes courage to overcome a lot of hurdles, and I believe, given the circumstances he gave it his best efforts, which is more than a lot of blokes we have had on our list in the past.

From here, I just wish Harley the best of luck. I would love the news that it is minor, however crutches kind of hint that this is the end of his AFL career.
The welfare of Harley (and his family) concerns me more than the Fremantle FC at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should of been in freos team this week. Sliding doors moment...
I agree with this. We don't know what would have happened if he'd been in the AFL team I thought he's done more than enough to get in after playing in WAFL since May 25th.

The different approach with SHill and Harley hasn't been good for either. SHill repeatedly breaking down with the same injury last year and again this year after being put straight back to AFL.

I would have like a sliding doors moment with SHill and Harley swapped and think Harley deserved it.

I don't really get why he wasn't told to slim down and by that I mean drop 15kgs and get back to his 18 year old size. Every time he has come back he has looked the same weight, same size and played the same role

Why not rookie the guy, shed the weight and plonk him in the forward pocket and leave him there. Giving up on him is nuts because in reality you have more to gain then to lose.

I don't really get why he wasn't told to slim down and by that I mean drop 15kgs and get back to his 18 year old size. Every time he has come back he has looked the same weight, same size and played the same role

Why not rookie the guy, shed the weight and plonk him in the forward pocket and leave him there. Giving up on him is nuts because in reality you have more to gain then to lose.
And I don’t get why your here.

**** off back to your own board /main board and squeal to anyone who ll care why micheal Walters upsets you so much

"Significant calf tear"

Devastated for Harley, his body just kept letting him down, this would be curtains on a career that leaves everyone wondering, what if?

Yeah, but the world is full of would-be athlete superstars that didn't quite reach their potential.

In the end it's really going to be measured by how Harley himself feels about it, probably in about 5 years. I suspect he might have a few regrets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back