News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess I'm on the outer in saying he needs a reprimand and then work with him to improve his problem instead of sacking him

We're in a rebuild and club culture is important. What sort of message do you think this is sending to the other youngsters? He clearly doesn't value his footy career or the club if he is out the night before training after all these issues.

Last edited:

Guys a massive knob. What kind of vibe is he going to infect the kids with. Selfish little ass clown with a victim mentality. I don't even care about his potential any more. He is not a yarren, but he is still a utensil.

At Freo:

1. He was booted off the plane
2. He had that weird situation at the WAFL game - fined $10k which was suspended I believe?

Is what he did this time any worse than what Michael Johnson has done at Freo off field yet everyone seems prepared to forget what he has done.

The issue isn't what he did so much as what is the root cause of all the stupid things he does.

You don't really need to read a lot of rumours to get an idea of what that might be.

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

Happy to see the outrage towards him! He’s been given one too many chances and his football ability which has been stalled through injuries isn’t enough anymore. If Sylvia can be banished for being a fat prick, this guy can for being a nuisance to society and our club.

Prob’s time for the Walters treatment . Train at Peel and show us you want an AFL career Harley - otherwise we have other first round picks waiting to take your spot.

Maybe. However, third year into a lucrative contract when you haven't done a single thing yet, do we really want him to have more time off at Peel? . Also, his calf is stuffed, so I just don't see the upside any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t want him punted, but he’s really given the club a book with only one page in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one does, but the club has to be greater than one player.

Maybe. However, third year into a lucrative contract when you haven't done a single thing yet, do we really want him to have more time off at Peel? . Also, his calf is stuffed, so I just don't see the upside any more.

I was meaning banished to Peel for training. He doesn’t play anywhere until he shows us he’s serious. Maybe the threat of the income switching off will wake him up. He’s been partying on Freo salary cap and given us zilch to this point.

I was meaning banished to Peel for training. He doesn’t play anywhere until he shows us he’s serious. Maybe the threat of the income switching off will wake him up. He’s been partying on Freo salary cap and given us zilch to this point.

I know what you meant. I just mean that the prospect of a third straight year of Bennell missing significant chunks and not even being part of the club just doesn't seem worth it to me.

If he doesn't get dumped I think any punishment has to include a total alcohol ban, seems to be a common denominator in most Harley incidents.

We're in a rebuilding and club culture is important. What sort of message do you think this is sending to the other youngsters? He clearly doesn't value his footy career or the club if he is out the night before training after all these issues.

He won't be sacked. He hasn't broken the law

Players get caught drink driving, snorting drugs and even worse. They end up copping their punishment and then rejoining the club.

He'll definitely be disciplined but to sack him is silly

If he doesn't get dumped I think any punishment has to include a total alcohol ban, seems to be a common denominator in most Harley incidents.
I think you'll find the problem runs a lot deeper than alcohol unfortunately. Maybe we could get Chris Yarran to have a talk to him, but I just don't think we will ever see him repay the investment the club has made in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back