News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be incredibly frustrating. Legitimately one of the most talented players capable of being a match winning superstar.

Absolutely mind boggling a man on 500k to kick a bit of leather about cant stay the course

He won't be sacked. He hasn't broken the law

Players get caught drink driving, snorting drugs and even worse. They end up copping their punishment and then rejoining the club.

He'll definitely be disciplined but to sack him is silly

LOL. So the only way an organisation can fire an employee is if they've broken the law? Sylvia was sent packing before his contract had ended, and he did far less wrong.

LOL. So the only way an organisation can fire an employee is if they've broken the law? Sylvia was sent packing before his contract had ended, and he did far less wrong.

Sylvia was also a hack

All that talent pissed up against the wall in a shitty Freo night club. Its a **cking tragedy .:(
Am I clear here? He hasn't killed anyone? He was scuffling outside a pub. Not a good look but also not a hanging offence. He needs to get on the park and play!! He must be so bored and frustrated. Let's relax a bit

Lol Sylvia was disciplined and sent to Peel. He then cracked the shits at the club and was sacked for being useless

To totally different players

Hate these scenerios that get everyone going without much detail. Modern day journalism...how did they get hold of the vid so quickly?. For me its wait for the club to do its own investigation and comment.

Kudos - I started out on that stance - and then I got angry!

That wasn't the point. The point was that in theory Harley could be moved on for this.

He could be. Cynically, i'd think that the club would weigh into it where they see that player in the future. MJ has gotten off twice for worse s**t imo.

Lol Sylvia was disciplined and sent to Peel. He then cracked the shits at the club and was sacked for being useless

To totally different players

Harley has likely already been granted far more leniency because of his talent. Isn't that wrong on principle Jedi?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to say dickhead, but I've seen WA bouncers single out friends of mine in a pub drinking quietly, just because they had dreadies. I've also been to pubs with mates until the wee hours as the designated driver. Not that I believe for a second that's what happened here, but it'll be interesting to see what the club's enquiries reveal.

As others have said, being out late and not fronting for training is not ideal.

Pretty hard decision to sack someone with the potential to improve our side immensely. Will be gutted if we can't see him up and going, whether it be due to misbehaviour or injury.

Am I clear here? He hasn't killed anyone? He was scuffling outside a pub. Not a good look but also not a hanging offence. He needs to get on the park and play!! He must be so bored and frustrated. Let's relax a bit

He missed a mandatory training session because he was out on the ******* squirt fighting with bouncers 9 hrs before training started

1st session since the Xmas break

Poor Harley must be so bored cashing that 10k cheque every week, give me a break

I hope the club comes down on him like a ton of bricks, fantastic example he is setting the new recruits

I don't want him sacked although It would be nice if he could pull his head in and show us the talent he has. Its not the nightclub episode the night before a training session its missing the first training run back after the xmas break.

He won't be sacked. He hasn't broken the law

Players get caught drink driving, snorting drugs and even worse. They end up copping their punishment and then rejoining the club.

He'll definitely be disciplined but to sack him is silly

Taking drugs is breaking the law.

Was he convicted last night of taking drugs?

I never said he hasn't.

He doesn't have to be convicted for the club to sack him for it.

Lawrence Angwin was sacked from Carlton for taking ecstasy. He wasn't ever charged for it, the club just sacked him.

Whether or not a club sacks a player for taking drugs is pretty much dependent on how important the player is to them. You sack an Angwin, but you counsel a Franklin.

At this point Bennell has played 2 games in 2 seasons. Unless the club is hugely confident that he'll play a lot this year he's in a pretty precarious position.

He doesn't have to be convicted for the club to sack him for it.

Lawrence Angwin was sacked from Carlton for taking ecstasy. He wasn't ever charged for it, the club just sacked him.

Whether or not a club sacks a player for taking drugs is pretty much dependent on how important the player is to them. You sack an Angwin, but you counsel a Franklin.

At this point Bennell has played 2 games in 2 seasons. Unless the club is hugely confident that he'll play a lot this year he's in a pretty precarious position.

He hasn't even been caught in possession of drugs the other night

All we know is he had an altercation in a Freo club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back