News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So we're assuming that this doesn't count as his 'last chance'? It was New year's Eve, but it was also 7pm, and none of our other players got in trouble (that we know of). I really dislike his attitude, but he is in full training, and the club might think that it's a waste to punt him now.

He probably wasn't the only AFL player in Perth to get smashed last night, but you'd think most players in his situation would pull their heads in for a few months. Everything he should be doing at the moment should be in pursuit of rebuilding his shattered career.

I doubt he really gives a s**t.

He and a group of people were asked to leave and then they left without dispute, whats the problem here?

I dont think its a big issue other than from what Rob said. If he gave a * he would watch his drinking in public.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean I'm obviously implying that its unfair to Harley that he is held to this stupendously high standard, where any tiny mishap gets published compared to other players having nothing written about them.
Do other any other players at Freo have such a lengthy rap sheet?

There is good to this and an awful reminder of the pathetic attempts to create news out of nothing.

The good : a reminder for him, that any wrong doing is going to get full media attention.

The bad : This is not a story, shame on the media for even reporting it. Maybe all of us should get reprimanded for knowing anyone that has an incident anywhere, anytime. Bring in the communist media society and we can dob everyone in to 6pr and they can call it the rumour file of breaking news!

Honestly I am gobsmacked that the media do not get this kind of scrutiny placed on them. New Years Eve, 7pm - asked to leave a pub and you oblige - LMAOL! This is front page s**t! Yep - run with it.

Liam Ryan drives while pissed and prangs his car and loses his licence for DD, rocks up to pre season unfit and walks out of the pre season camp cause its to tough and its a minor ripples through the press, Harley has to many on New years eve were the majority of the population has a skinfull ,is asked to leave a licenced pemise and does so with out incidence and its front page news. No wonder he needs a drink,the press in this town are a bunch of degenerate maggots.

F7 was very well behaved on new years. Him and his mate dougie were very entertaining.

If Bar Management/Staff/Security think you are too intoxicated then you will be removed. Liquor Enforcement were out in force last night, so I don't blame management for not wanting to risk being fined.
True but in saying that a lot of bouncers are absolute ****wits and would love to make a 'name' for themselves by kicking out a famous footy player when if it was just your average Joe they couldn't care less about them being pretty pissed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back