Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Harley coming into some form for the finals. If the comp remains as turbulent towards September and we remain in the hunt, a few will be asking "why not us".
Was thinking the same thing. Bennell comes back and builds some form, fyfey gets back to his best, the young guys continue to improve, alex pearce back maybe and our 3 prong tall forward line is firing. Who knows where it could take us.

It's 5k with 5k suspended, ie if he stuffs up again, that's another one. Fair enough, it's a slap on the wrist but hits him in the pocket. Means they're serious. And he would have accepted that.

If he stuffs up again, I think he is gone ski.
He's on $400k a year, and we have a few kids going alright at the moment.
He's on his last legs!!

Harley Bennell was out on the oval today handling the football in the Ch 7 vision they showed of Fremantle at training. Then Barich followed him through the carpark walking so close behind him that he could reach around hold a mic in front of Harley as he tried to walk through the middle gaps between cars parked end to front.

It means he did something seriously wrong. No way would the club have smashed him with a sanction like that given the circumstances that he'd already be in a dark place with the recurring injuries. Everyone at the club just wants him on the park again. It just doesn't make any sense to give him that hefty a fine for a 'slap on the wrist'

To chuck on my tin foil hat...

Do you think there's a possibility that the intense media scrutiny played at least a small role in them dishing out such a fine? Not like that would be a good thing anyway to kowtow in that fashion.

Harley Bennell was out on the oval today handling the football in the Ch 7 vision they showed of Fremantle at training. Then Barich followed him through the carpark walking so close behind him that he could reach around hold a mic in front of Harley as he tried to walk through the middle gaps between cars parked end to front.

If it wasn't a Freo player I might laugh. It's almost like a brilliant parody of tabloid journalism. Like the 'Rock Bottom' ep from The Simpsons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To chuck on my tin foil hat...

Do you think there's a possibility that the intense media scrutiny played at least a small role in them dishing out such a fine? Not like that would be a good thing anyway to kowtow in that fashion.

Maybe
On face value 10k for what he did is bloody ridiculous overkill. He's not a child, he's weeks off playing and he did stuff all wrong.
There are several ways to look at it: the club has blinked (your theory); there is more we don't know about (strikes?) and they are firing a big shot across his bow to warn him; or he has disobeyed a directive re what he can and can't do.

The media collectively have got their nose out of joint because Ross Lyon told them earlier in the year that there was an element of racism in the way they reported his calf injury as something other than a calf injury - so there'd a determination amongst some of them to prove what a bad egg he is.

Given Ch 7 made it their lead story on their 6pm news - its obviously a story they think must be good for ratings.

Barich followed him through the carpark walking so close behind him that he could reach around hold a mic in front of Harley as he tried to walk through the middle gaps between cars parked end to fro
Barich loves that s**t.
Ambushed Drum in the stairwell.
Probably hoping Harley would crack him in the head.

Does anyone believe that if an audit was done, Bennell would have $5K less in his account? This is just put out by the club to silence the loud mouth frogs in the media. I like everything the club has done here.

Does anyone actually seriously think he'll get on the park? I know rl says 5 weeks..but he keeps breaking down. Id be bloody surprised if we ever see him in purple.
Kind of agree. What have we done to change his fortunes? Other than more rest, what other treatment has he received? Why will it be different this time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back