Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps get Walters and\or Johnson to have a chat with him and see what they think.

Walters/Jonno take the "you need money for your family" approach, hopefully that kind of thing appeals to Bennell.

Super talent - depends how much he cost. Even end of first round pick might be worth a punt. Smaller punt than Simpson who didn't have that much talent either.

Gold Coast isn't exactly an ideal spot for Bennell at the moment, too many underworld goings on there. Melbourne wouldn't be that much better either, needs to go home and make something out of his career.

really?

how could the hawks afford him?
I had the same query.

I just remember reading it in an article a couple of weeks ago and it's kept popping up in every Bennell or trade article since.

Apparently they still have a lot of leftover Buddy Franklin moneys and they do have a lot of veterans as well.

What exactly are his 'troubles'?

The guy got unfair treatment from the media, when 11 other team mates were snorting cocaine as well. Sure its his fault for letting other take pictures of him, but I think if AFL clubs give players who bash others a 2nd chance Harley deserves one as well.
Iirc he bashed someone on the mandurah foreshore in his draft year or on holidays after his first year at the suns? What I've heard is he used to associate with some pretty shitty people when he lived here.

Gold Coast are on record saying they want experienced players, no doubt to improve their culture.

Could we package up a De boer, Mzungu, Duffield and pick 16-18?

Bennell and a Key Forward to keep the window wide open.

Gold Coast are on record saying they want experienced players, no doubt to improve their culture.

Could we package up a De boer, Mzungu, Duffield and pick 16-18?

Bennell and a Key Forward to keep the window wide open.

If you stick together 3 pieces of poo all you have is a bigger piece of poo

Yes, yes and yes. IDGAF about his mishaps this year. If he wants to come home, get him. Gun player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you stick together 3 pieces of poo all you have is a bigger piece of poo

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Fanciful I know but Gold Coast need people who can instill discipline and team ethics into a fractured group.
If Harley really wants to head home I feel we will secure him. The vic clubs will be wary taking a troubled WA boy if he wants to go home.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Fanciful I know but Gold Coast need people who can instill discipline and team ethics into a fractured group.
If Harley really wants to head home I feel we will secure him. The vic clubs will be wary taking a troubled WA boy if he wants to go home.

I sincerely doubt that any of those players would want to go, and there is no way I'd except that deal at Gold Coast anyway.

Iirc he bashed someone on the mandurah foreshore in his draft year or on holidays after his first year at the suns? What I've heard is he used to associate with some pretty shitty people when he lived here.

Oh s**t, seems to have the whole bad package drugs and violence lol

Though at the price he demand, full of clubs would be willing to take a punt on him.

He'd need a close family member to talk him into coming here IMO, which isn't exactly unlikely though..

I desperately want him, but I extremely highly doubt we'll get him. We'd be stupid not to at least make a play for him, Bennell and Schulz would make us a more attacking team and a serious premiership threat. A midfield of Fyfe, Hill, Bennell, Weller in the future is mouth watering good. If he goes to Hawthorn, I'll cry

I'd love to have him but what would we have to give up to get him???
This is the big sticking point.

It would cost a first round draft pick and a good first 22 player.

We don't have enough on our list to afford McCarthy from GWS and Bennell from GC without sacrificing too much.

Getting Bennell would allow us to give up a good mid in return. He's an upgrade on the majority of our midfield group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back