Rumour Harley Bennell

Remove this Banner Ad

Just for people who want to read up on Long Term Calf Injuries

One of the injuries endurance athletes face is the chronic calf injury. It is predominantly gastrocnemius muscle crossing both the knee and ankle and usually at the junction between muscle and tendon or medial head of the muscle on the inner aspect of the calf. On occasion it may involve soleus, the short calf muscle. This can be considered a little better as it is a less ballistic muscle but is involved in endurance sport to a greater level than tennis or other sports requiring rapid changes of direction.

Calf tears are not usually related to warm up but are fatigue related ie later in the run or end of second set at tennis. This makes the notion of good strength accompanied by endurance critical in managing these injuries.

If we consider the torn fibres a weak link due to the fact they are non contractile we want to keep this scar size to a minimum to limit its influence on the remainder of the muscle.

With repeated micro-tears at one site the scar size may increase since it is continually being pulled away and more collagen is laid down to repair it.

This requires time to consolidate the healing process and gain enough strength and endurance to enable loading in sport without further tearing at the site.

Chronic calf tears can usually be related to either insufficient healing time post injury before return to sport or faulty mechanics with increased loading and subsequent micro tears at a site within the calf (usually medially).

The last bit is interesting as people have mentioned that Harleys recovery hasn't been the best ie personal management of the calf

Oh what a shock. Your 'source' is an ex Afl player that no doubt you will not name, because your story is bullshit. But you know, I can believe what I want right!?

I coach a development squad at Peel and work with Freo on a regular basis. Now....piss off with your BS rumour mongerers. Bennell absolutely has and has had calf injuries and any and all claims of a cover up for a drug problem are false (and libellous).
Freo players didn't even turn up for the peel junior clinic last year. Wce players did. Why was that?

Freo players didn't even turn up for the peel junior clinic last year. Wce players did. Why was that?

Well looky here. Defacto busyily typing away in yet another Freo thread.

It's pretty sad Defacto that you got found out, so you created an alias to do your Freo stalking.

Freo players attend literally hundreds of community events, school visits, clinics, junior club training etc etc every year.

Well looky here. Defacto busyily typing away in yet another Freo thread.

It's pretty sad Defacto that you got found out, so you created an alias to do your Freo stalking.

Freo players attend literally hundreds of community events, school visits, clinics, junior club training etc etc every year.
I know they do. That's not what I was asking. Why didn't any freo players attend the peel thunder football clinic?

Let's get to the bottom of this:

>calf injury
>calf is the name for a baby cow
>cows produce milk
>milk is white
>milk can be in powder form
>milk powder is white powder
>what else is a white powder?

That's right!! This is all an elaborate ruse, with the intention of hiding Bennell's Coke problems! They tried making him switch to Diet Coke but he's far too addicted to that dank white sugar and relapsed.

Let's get to the bottom of this:

>calf injury
>calf is the name for a baby cow
>cows produce milk
>milk is white
>milk can be in powder form
>milk powder is white powder
>what else is a white powder?

That's right!! This is all an elaborate ruse, with the intention of hiding Bennell's Coke problems! They tried making him switch to Diet Coke but he's far too addicted to that dank white sugar and relapsed.
4038169_maxresdefault_jpega7a20d23424d1f4e3dd0c48c741188d6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Couch said it's now 10 weeks. Made it sound like a further setback (on top of last week)
Surely something more has to come out about this... Can they really get it this wrong so many times with a calf? it's not like Bennell is 34 years old on on his last legs.

Heard on good authority a few weeks ago that it is not a calf problem...

Lets just say hes a cold, icy man

Heard the same representations from team mates, that not all is going well off the park

Yep

I read when he came over to Freo some GCS posters were saying the guy is completely cooked calf wise.

This to was discussed and not surprisingly confirmed as a real issue.

I really hope he gets back on the park. He's an amazing talent.

Surprised the club allowed him to go back to the Gold Coast.
Would love to hear the true story on this as it sounds like he wasn't acting like a knob and causing trouble, just had a few too many

be careful or you'll get shouted down for that one...

feeling more and more justified

Glad dusty did the due diligence or we would have worn this one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back