Harness Legend's Mile

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure to be a great race with some great up and coming horses nominated and some old timers still going great guns. Anyone care to pick an early winner? Whilst i know the barrier draw will be vitally important i'd be interested to get other thoughts.There are either 2 or 4 horses still to be cut from the below list depending on which way the HRV decide to go regarding field size. Below is the list of nominations:

Make Mine Cullen
Villagem
Karlsruhe
Deadsetlucky
Just Callme Cullen
Cincinatti Kid
Our Malabar
Tanabi Bromac
Decorated Jasper
Rennaisance Man
Melpark Major
Make Waves
Bold Cruiser
Veranjee

Pre-draw there is a 50/50 chance Deadsetlucky leads.
With the sprint lane at Tabcorp Park he would hand up to MMC and MM and maybe even a couple others. Or if one of them did draw inside of him, its going to be on early, which could set it up for the backmarkers.
Too hard to make a decision pre-draw, but I believe the best horse in the race is MM.

When I seen thread title I was going to suggest Decorated Jasper but interesting he isnt going here, lets hope the Popular Alm wasnt too hard a run for him.

Decorated Jaspers return was a fantastic effort give his time out. Hope he stays injury free & gets back to his best. Agree on MM, clear standout for me, but would love to see the MMC figure in the finish. Best mare since the mighty Tailamade probably?

Biglaycock - how forward is Villagem? What were his trials like? i.e. did he lead etc.

Before BLC answers this one. I have it on good authority that he is dead set low level flying. Was told by someone to 'just get on!' Sorry BLC.

Pre-draw there is a 50/50 chance Deadsetlucky leads.
With the sprint lane at Tabcorp Park he would hand up to MMC and MM and maybe even a couple others. Or if one of them did draw inside of him, its going to be on early, which could set it up for the backmarkers.
Too hard to make a decision pre-draw, but I believe the best horse in the race is MM.

When I seen thread title I was going to suggest Decorated Jasper but interesting he isnt going here, lets hope the Popular Alm wasnt too hard a run for him.
Isn't going here? Since when?

Biglaycock - how forward is Villagem? What were his trials like? i.e. did he lead etc.

Hi tgm, Yes he is very forward but in saying that he will certainly benefit for the run. Pecker your info is very close to the mark but we are certainly not just thinking that he will win as there are some super horses nominated, The barrier draw will be very important.
I may stand to be corrected however i think you will all see a very serious Grand Circuit competitor over the next 6-12 months and beyond

Barrier Draw has been released this morning, Glaring omissions include Make Mine Cullen (Racing in the mares feature) and Deadsetlucky. Final Draw as per below:

1. Tanabi Bromac
2. Just Callme Cullen
3. Karlsruhe
4. Villagem
5. Ghadasbest
6. Bold Cruiser
7. Our Malabar
Second Row
8. Decorated Jasper
9. Cincinatti Kid
10. Veranjee
11. Melpark Major
12. Renaissance Man

Karlsruhe leads. Tanabi the cheapseat. Does Villagem press for the lead or content with the death, even the 1-1 if Lance comes across?
Dec Jasper if 3 back the pegs should get out in time to win! If not Tanabi wins. If Villagem goes to the lead it or Melpark Major will win.

Tanabi $3.50. DecJasper $3.50. Villagem $5. Major $5.50. The rest $11+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karlshrue to lead, hand up to Villagem. Tanabi Bromac 3 the fence Decorated Jasper 4 the fence, and there is your first 4. Running line and 3/4 wide horses unable to get into the race.
1st. Villagem
2nd. Karlshrue
3rd. Decorated Jasper
4th. Tanabi Bromac

My order was basically the same as yours Pecker but the race was run a little differently than i first thought, Unbelievably happy with the run and did not think the boy could do that first up. Full of admiration for the 2nd horse (especially as i have a share in his full sister) he went fantastic, Backmarkers did not have a chance making ground in that time. Anyway time to sample a few more sweet crownies!!!!! Thanks everyone for posting on this topic, It's great to chat with people who appreciate this great sport:thumbsu:

24 hours later and I am still in disbelief at what I saw last night.

I would go as far as saying it was the single biggest performance in Australian harness racing in 2010.

The sky is the limit. Well done Biglaycock - your family have THE new star of the sport.

Absolutely amazing performance. I was wrong about him but now I guess I'll be one of the thousands to hop into his bandwagon. Just dont sell him for $70M like SYT lol! Any pacer in Australia I could buy and it would be him!
Enjoy it biglaycock! And here's to a fit and healthy Villagem :thumbsu:

Absolutely amazing performance. I was wrong about him but now I guess I'll be one of the thousands to hop into his bandwagon. Just dont sell him for $70M like SYT lol! Any pacer in Australia I could buy and it would be him!
Enjoy it biglaycock! And here's to a fit and healthy Villagem :thumbsu:[/quote

Thanks to you all, Great performance and it is only starting to sink in today. Have already had some pretty large offers however we will be sticking tight simply because Dad has waited 45 years for this horse!! Mind you if $70mil like So You Think becomes available i'll meet you all at the pub and it's my shout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome performance by Villagem. Always thought he was a very good horse but he is a superstar.

Congratulations to biglaycock and connections. Enjoy it!