Harness Racing

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You have picked a ripper meeting to go to - Cup and Derby heats.

There are more odds on favourites in Harness Racing and inside front row draws are pretty valuable.

My tips
Rc1No1 Should get you a good start to the night
Rc2No2 Good hope
Rc3No5 I think he is good value even at current price $2
Rc4No1 No bet - watch on
Rc5No4 Tad risky at the price
Rc6No1 Probably a no bet race again but brag time - backed this bloke $7 fixed for next weeks final just last week, now into $4.
Rc7No3 Probably should be winning this on NZ for so get on
Rc8No3 One of the riskier bets of the night but comes with big wraps
Rc9No2 No bet -Watch on. Not a chance in hell it will get beat. This is like Redzel racing in a benchmark 70 at level weights.
Rc10No4 No bet - Watch on

All shorties but you don't go broke backing winners. Next weeks racing at Melton should provide a few more open races.

themilkman888

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
superstar mate. thanks! do you pretty much write off most on the second row?

Last edited:
going to my first trots night Saturday - Ballarat Cup. What am I looking for in harness form? Any tips? Normally struggle to pick anything when it comes to harness!

Cheers

Be careful with Ballarat as its the only Victorian that doesn't have a sprint lane. Horses can sometimes be stuck with no where to go.

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You have picked a ripper meeting to go to - Cup and Derby heats.

There are more odds on favourites in Harness Racing and inside front row draws are pretty valuable.

My tips
Rc1No1 Should get you a good start to the night
Rc2No2 Good hope
Rc3No5 I think he is good value even at current price $2
Rc4No1 No bet - watch on
Rc5No4 Tad risky at the price
Rc6No1 Probably a no bet race again but brag time - backed this bloke $7 fixed for next weeks final just last week, now into $4.
Rc7No3 Probably should be winning this on NZ for so get on
Rc8No3 One of the riskier bets of the night but comes with big wraps
Rc9No2 No bet -Watch on. Not a chance in hell it will get beat. This is like Redzel racing in a benchmark 70 at level weights.
Rc10No4 No bet - Watch on

All shorties but you don't go broke backing winners. Next weeks racing at Melton should provide a few more open races.
Hope you found a few winners milkman

Horse in the first come in late to $1.20 but was $1.65 earlier. Horse in rc6 got out to $2.10 - I couldnt believe it! Horse in the Cup also come right in, was $3.20 at time of posting tips. As did race 8 it was about $3 at time of posting. Even horse in rc3 come in a bit to $1.70.

9/10 winners, all short but what can you do. I'll be off to Melton next week for the Derby final. Boys trip Caulfield races, Melton trots!

themilkman888

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope you found a few winners milkman

Horse in the first come in late to $1.20 but was $1.65 earlier. Horse in rc6 got out to $2.10 - I couldnt believe it! Horse in the Cup also come right in, was $3.20 at time of posting tips. As did race 8 it was about $3 at time of posting. Even horse in rc3 come in a bit to $1.70.

9/10 winners, all short but what can you do. I'll be off to Melton next week for the Derby final. Boys trip Caulfield races, Melton trots!
i did mate! appreciate the advice!

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
After Poster Boy took out the Chariots last week we move on to another great nights racing at Menangle. Oaks, Derby and Miracle Mile heats! Going to be some ripper racing

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Season sort of dies of for a while now with older horses in paddock and 2 and 3yo racing not quite heating up yet. Couple at Melton tonight Berisari and Maratei for Emma Stewart could be a race to race double.

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
No mobile starts in QLD, wtf is going on?
Not sure exactly why, could only be a short-term thing, but at a meeting at Redcliffe last week the mobile arms failed to come back in and they hit a young boy and 2yo girl who were on the outside fence watching. I think the kids are going to be ok in the end but copped some big injuries.

Back