Harness Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL @ Dave Moran. How do you have 4 days to plan your drive in your hometown Cup on the $2 favourite and decide its a good idea to hand up to Sicario who will in turn hand up and bury you on the pegs.

LOL @ Dave Moran. How do you have 4 days to plan your drive in your hometown Cup on the $2 favourite and decide its a good idea to hand up to Sicario who will in turn hand up and bury you on the pegs.
The Ladbrokes special jinx was a fair sign of danger

Yep disappointing drive. Was a touch off the gate but when Sicario got half a length in front he just gave up trying to lead.

If anyone wants a money maker for the next week back Galactic Star in the WA Cup. Current two favourites are My Field Marshall and Alta Orlando. Alta Orlando will not be going and Field Marshall unlikely. Galactic Star is the best local and will have an easy run this week in on the fence in the Fremantle Cup so will be a bit fresher than his opposition for next weeks 2900m marathon. Could still even win or finish close tonight. Either way will shorten dramatically for WA Cup next week so you can hedge off for profit and be in the game with a horse who is over the odds and depending on the draw probably win.

Can get $7.50 using Ladbrokes odds boost. While $2.38 the place. Amazing overs.
Field Marshall and Alta Orlando not in the final field but unfortunately a few of the 4yos put in good runs last week so Galactic Star is only $5/$1.88. Could have been shorter than that. Hopefully draws well

The Cheddarnator just won again! $1.22 available 5 mins before jump and started $1.04.

Galactic Star has somehow managed to draw inside back row again. The good thing is his trainer has 6 of the 9 horses starting off the front row.

Stablemate Our Jimmy Johnstone has drawn the pole and despite being past his best at 11 years old put in a ripper run last week and did win a 2500m Gp2 race just 4 months ago when drawn the pole - leading all the way. Thats probably wishful thinking but if Galactic Star can be close enough and see daylight he just bolts in, but its probably going to come down to luck and its hard to see him getting much unfortunately. Be interesting to see what price once the market re-opens.

Galactic Star comes up $4.50. Not as good as it could have been if the 4yos didn't grow legs last start, we had our legs taken, and we drew awkwardly. But still a tidy profit and let some ride because he is a decent chance. Things went out way he could have been $2. At least <$3.

Ballarat Cup meeting this Saturday night is an absolute beauty

The Cup itself is basically a Hunter Cup field there is probably 3 or 4 you could sub out for Bling it On, Ignatius, Alta Orlando and San Carlo and there is one of the strongest Hunter Cups this decade. I think TheFixer is also coming across from NZ for the Hunter Cup and maybe a couple others. Jilliby Kung Fu also first up on this program if he is back at his best he is a walk up start. Possibly going to be a couple sets of unhappy connections who miss out on a start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Kate Gath just put in her nomination for all time worst drive in history on Arden Voyager.... interesting to see what the stewards say..
Wow! First Mile was pretty standard, follow out the 2 from the back row, allow to settle then from the time the winner flushed it out, very dodgy, she does her best to go behind an obviously tiring horse allowing the winner to go past, then whe she pulls out again its obvious the horse is finding line well, so she gives the classic pull back on rein despite it looking like shes encouraging the horse and then in the last 50 stops riding completely.

Unfortunately struggling to find anything at any price at Melton on Saturday night

Rc1 Think About Me I think is the best horse in the race and with that draw will be winning. The loss to Scotlyn Beach last time out just serves us up juicier odds. The pole marker might lob a place at good odds.

Rc2 A Jewel In The Crown looks like a smart trotter and best in the field so with that draw you can't go past. Doug is a good EW bet.

Rc3 I like Kasbah Kid here given he beat home main danger Joe Nien couple starts ago. Usain Colt first up for 2 years no thanks, Franks Very Much up in grade. Fake Smile very good horse but that draw makes it awkward. Hopefully Herbertson pushes forward on Kasbah Kid.

Rc4 As market suggests Always Fast good thing here big danger Fourigmen. I think Liftntorque is too short here, good chance to back both the two favourites for a bit of profit

Rc5 Self Assured opened $1.50 which I should have jumped on but is into $1.33 now which is about right but wouldn't be surprised to see shorten again.

Rc6 Thefixer just wins. Unless he repeats last start in which case he looks like the worst $1.60 favourite ever. Have to forgive him that and Purdons wouldn't have brought him over if he wasn't right.

Rc7 Draw has made this race. Stylish Memphis the best in the race but has drawn shizen. That gives Dr Susan a big chance and Maajida (although its poisin at $3.80). Include the pole in the quaddie/multiples

Rc8 Honestly these NZ trotters are so hard to pick. Oscar Bonavena new kid on the block probably win but leave me out of betting in this. 1/11/12 for your quaddies though because they are better than the Aussie trotters.

Rc9 This is an absolute race in two and is going to be a cracker. On draw alone Line Up should cross but Governor Jujon is might fast from the gate and could cross first. Race could be won there. The best of the rest if Bad to the Bone, given they might run quick time he is a sneaky chance to get out. I think I will be enticed by Governor Jujons gate speed at that price $3. (Note Grant Dixon is obviously a forgiving bloke. Nat Rasmussen leaves him 8 years ago for Mark Purdon and in this race he has Mark Purdon driving for him)

Rc10 Majestic Dream has been killing it this time in. Bad draw but theres not too much off the front line so should be able to work its way across into a spot.

Rc11 Trotting is more about fitness than speed so it can take a few starts for trotters to come back and Majestuoso was 5+ lengths off his best last start so lets take him on the last. Auntie Poppy was 4th in a FFA 5 starts back and 3rd up now getting some fitness back after a torrid 3wide run last start. $5 is good value

Unfortunately struggling to find anything at any price at Melton on Saturday night

Rc1 Think About Me I think is the best horse in the race and with that draw will be winning. The loss to Scotlyn Beach last time out just serves us up juicier odds. The pole marker might lob a place at good odds.

Rc2 A Jewel In The Crown looks like a smart trotter and best in the field so with that draw you can't go past. Doug is a good EW bet.

Rc3 I like Kasbah Kid here given he beat home main danger Joe Nien couple starts ago. Usain Colt first up for 2 years no thanks, Franks Very Much up in grade. Fake Smile very good horse but that draw makes it awkward. Hopefully Herbertson pushes forward on Kasbah Kid.

Rc4 As market suggests Always Fast good thing here big danger Fourigmen. I think Liftntorque is too short here, good chance to back both the two favourites for a bit of profit

Rc5 Self Assured opened $1.50 which I should have jumped on but is into $1.33 now which is about right but wouldn't be surprised to see shorten again.

Rc6 Thefixer just wins. Unless he repeats last start in which case he looks like the worst $1.60 favourite ever. Have to forgive him that and Purdons wouldn't have brought him over if he wasn't right.

Rc7 Draw has made this race. Stylish Memphis the best in the race but has drawn shizen. That gives Dr Susan a big chance and Maajida (although its poisin at $3.80). Include the pole in the quaddie/multiples

Rc8 Honestly these NZ trotters are so hard to pick. Oscar Bonavena new kid on the block probably win but leave me out of betting in this. 1/11/12 for your quaddies though because they are better than the Aussie trotters.

Rc9 This is an absolute race in two and is going to be a cracker. On draw alone Line Up should cross but Governor Jujon is might fast from the gate and could cross first. Race could be won there. The best of the rest if Bad to the Bone, given they might run quick time he is a sneaky chance to get out. I think I will be enticed by Governor Jujons gate speed at that price $3. (Note Grant Dixon is obviously a forgiving bloke. Nat Rasmussen leaves him 8 years ago for Mark Purdon and in this race he has Mark Purdon driving for him)

Rc10 Majestic Dream has been killing it this time in. Bad draw but theres not too much off the front line so should be able to work its way across into a spot.

Rc11 Trotting is more about fitness than speed so it can take a few starts for trotters to come back and Majestuoso was 5+ lengths off his best last start so lets take him on the last. Auntie Poppy was 4th in a FFA 5 starts back and 3rd up now getting some fitness back after a torrid 3wide run last start. $5 is good value
Was on track for Governor Jujon’s first few starts. Hadn’t seen a 2yo with that speed in a fair while. Serious horse and thought he’d clean up the 2yo features up north..then along comes expensive ego. Black’s a Fake night last year was probably my worst ever night on the punt, and when Expensive Ego just played with him in the Triad I was officially on the floor.

Thinking I can get that Governor money back Saturday night.

Wow! First Mile was pretty standard, follow out the 2 from the back row, allow to settle then from the time the winner flushed it out, very dodgy, she does her best to go behind an obviously tiring horse allowing the winner to go past, then whe she pulls out again its obvious the horse is finding line well, so she gives the classic pull back on rein despite it looking like shes encouraging the horse and then in the last 50 stops riding completely.

She copped 4 weeks. Deservedly so!!

Only bet of the night Jenden Strike a place with a bonus bet from Chase the Ace....

Gallops itself out of contention when the gates go back after a false start...

What a crock of s**t and * these cats.

Lochinvar Art a ******* freak. 1.48.5 Wow
It is a natural leader and if it finds the lead get on it!

Watch it get rolled many times at short odds now when it fails to lead and it is just one of those pacers that needs to lead or it is screwed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back