Senior Harris Andrews (2014-) (Co-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this kid. Had 4 or 5 intercept marks if not more. Backs himself in to take the grab. Disposals are really clean aswell but decision making seems to be an issue (which is kinda expected in an 18 year old). Super impressed with this kid and he is a perfect replacement for joel patful(not comparing size). One of the few shining lights in a mostly dull season.

I doubt he is going to get a RS nom. He doesn't get a lot of ball. I know it isn't all about stats but some part of it is.

12 marks - 6 intercept, & 22 touches @ 91% efficiency in a badly beaten team . If ever a game demanded a nom, yesterday was it.

Having seen him close up he's a lot bigger than you might expect. His specs: 200cm, 92kgs.

The best bits- turns 19 in December so he's only a lad. And unlike most of his team mates doesn't lack a bit of mongrel as he showed yesterday.

Having seen him close up he's a lot bigger than you might expect. His specs: 200cm, 92kgs.

The best bits- turns 19 in December so he's only a lad. And unlike most of his team mates doesn't lack a bit of mongrel as he showed yesterday.

Always first in to help a team mate which is an excellent trait to have.

It has to be Harris!

This week's NAB Rising Star nomination? It has to be Harris!

Brisbane Lions teenage defender Harris Andrews played the best game of his short career yesterday against the big forward line of Geelong led by Tom Hawkins.

Andrews notched up 12 marks and 22 disposals at close to 100% efficiency as well as a number of key pressure acts in the pressure-packed atmosphere of a parochial Simonds Stadium.

Worth noting that he is leading the club for contested marks this season after his performance on the weekend. Players who have led the contested mark tally for our club in previous years - Patfull, Brown (many many times), Bradshaw, Lynch and White.

It has to be Harris!

Worth noting that he is leading the club for contested marks this season after his performance on the weekend. Players who have led the contested mark tally for our club in previous years - Patfull, Brown (many many times), Bradshaw, Lynch and White.
Geese, how amazing is it to have a 1st year player, no less, to be our leading contested mark getter. He hasn't even played every game yet either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I found most impressive was his confidence and willingness to pick his targets and hit them (bar one)
Plenty of upside from this young man!

Nice stuff. Is it alright if I share this video on my Lions Facebook page if he does get nominated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back