Recommitted Harrison Himmelberg [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently the Crows are still interested in getting Harrison into a Crows jumper at the end of this year. They drafted his brother and would like Harrison to join him.
He is out of contract at the end of the year and I havent heard of him looking to re-sign with GWS yet.
Crows could offer him more coin as well.

Fine player, one of the numerous talented tall defenders of the Giants.
Unequivocal in that area.

Would probably take something in the 20s in regards of picks.

I could definitely see us being interested in him for the 3rd tall role in defence, if we don't land Lever (who we may or may not be into, but have been reported to be into).

That is a need that will need to be filled in the not too distant future, after the retirements of Fisher and Dempster and with Gilbert now being 30yo and not as good as he once was.

We supposedly had a big crack at Marchbank last year for this exact reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why we would be interested in Himmelberg honestly.
He's a good tall defender and has played forward and ruck relief as per the team need this year. Only issue with him playing best 22 for us is we are playing 4 good tall backs, and he could end up depth.

He's a good tall defender and has played forward and ruck relief as per the team need this year. Only issue with him playing best 22 for us is we are playing 4 good tall backs, and he could end up depth.
I do know about Himmelberg. My point was that we (Brisbane) are very well stocked with young KPP talent. We're actually over stocked and likely to delist some at the end of the season.

I do know about Himmelberg. My point was that we (Brisbane) are very well stocked with young KPP talent. We're actually over stocked and likely to delist some at the end of the season.
Fair enough
We need him anyway

He's very young at 19, I wouldn't be making those calls just yet.
You can never have too many good talls (unless you have more then 16. Thats too many:).) As briztoon eluded to we will be delisting a tall or 2 at the end of this season, however I would say that these delistings imo aren't because we have too many talls, but more so due to contract status and list spots required. You always need compitition in your best 22 and I think himmelberg would give us that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back