Recommitted Harrison Himmelberg [re-signed]

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Looks like Adelaide are going to go after Harrison again this year.
Even Fox talking about it.
What would he cost?
:cool:If you have to ask you cant afford him.

Seriously probably early second round. We'd trade reluctantly though I think. He fits our structure perfectly as the third tall. Can be used defensively to cover a Rance if necessary and great below his knees. Has a different skillset to Cameron and different again to Patton.

His call but I'd guess he could have put his hand up last year if he wanted out.

:cool:If you have to ask you cant afford him.

Seriously probably early second round. We'd trade reluctantly though I think. He fits our structure perfectly as the third tall. Can be used defensively to cover a Rance if necessary and great below his knees. Has a different skillset to Cameron and different again to Patton.

His call but I'd guess he could have put his hand up last year if he wanted out.
GWS love getting in at the top of the draft, I can see them asking for Carlton's first, and they might put their own or Essendon's on the table to balance the deal.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
GWS love getting in at the top of the draft, I can see them asking for Carlton's first, and they might put their own or Essendon's on the table to balance the deal.
We do and it sounds feasible. I guess I was trying to estimate raw value.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Seriously good player. A bit of undervaluing going on here.
I was consciously trying to avoid the "our guy is worth pick one thing". He dud hit a flat spot early last year, which I dont think is a problem for the future. It dies complicate things a bit.

I cant see him going to the Crows honestly. He would be competing for a spot with Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Fogarty. Why in hell would he want that, or the Crows want 5 high value tall forwards. It's a recipe for cap problems.

I think the same problem had a lot to do with you guys getting McGovern.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My sense is your deflecting. I'm happy to discuss it but you already have 4 high value tall forwards competing for a spot. That is surely an issue whether to recruit a 5th?

You're not addressing that.
Hardly deflecting. We ran with Tex, Lynch, JJ and Gov when he was here. It was the best forward line in the game.
Replace Gov with Harry.
Lynch plays that link up role, so is rarely stuck in the forward line. Jj chops out in the ruck, so is also not always in the forward half. Its not a problem to have Harry there at all. And as I said, Elliot is not ready and will be a long term replacement for Jenkins.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Hardly deflecting. We ran with Tex, Lynch, JJ and Gov when he was here. It was the best forward line in the game.
Replace Gov with Harry.
Lynch plays that link up role, so is rarely stuck in the forward line. Jj chops out in the ruck, so is also not always in the forward half. Its not a problem to have Harry there at all. And as I said, Elliot is not ready and will be a long term replacement for Jenkins.
Fair enough

Maybe I did go off half cocked.

You've also got to find a spot for Fogarty though. He's an outstanding talent.

Harry is different to most talls. In a lot of sides he would have remained in defense I think. We were a but it if balance and needed him as a forward.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair enough

Maybe I did go off half cocked.

You've also got to find a spot for Fogarty though. He's an outstanding talent.

Harry is different to most talls. In a lot of sides he would have remained in defense I think. We were a but it if balance and needed him as a forward.
Where to play Fog is an issue. Word was they were trying to play him down back during the preseason, yet they play him forward in the JLT.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Where to play Fog is an issue. Word was they were trying to play him down back during the preseason, yet they play him forward in the JLT.
I think with your list HH could well be a back. I still have my doubts as to the fit frankly, but we'll have to wait and see . If he does nominate you a trade will get done. Reluctantly from our end no doubt.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Elliott has played 1 game.

Both grew up in Wagga, parents are in QLD, and the one that is firmly best 22 wants out to play with the brother who has played 1 game.

You couldn't make this stuff up....
Seriously can’t remember anyone saying Harrison wants out.

More that other fans think he’s a good player and would like him in their team.

Overreacting much...

Back