Recommitted Harrison Petty [re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SA lad yet to sign for Melbourne. I haven’t heard any whispers whether he is staying or looking to move. I think I read that melb we’re going to try and move him up forward this year?

I’m unsure where he fits in that team with the talls they have and seem to prefer. Frost leaving has probably helped him move up the order.

Looked like a headless chook on debut, but has since provided serviceable at times and in a swingman role. Wouldn't deeply effect us if he left as he is surplus to our needs, but if he keeps up his effort it would be stupid to simply let him walk.

Sorry for the intrusion- just wondering where you see Pettys’ future.
No up to it or no opportunity with Lever and May.
Did he re- sign?
Has a long-term injury. Trained with the forwards in the offseason when he could. I’d hope we re-sign him soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not sold on him and thought he had an ordinary game but I think he could have been awarded a few more free kicks for and he did have 6 intercepts.
Just needs a good chunk of games to see whether he is up to it or not and I don't see Tmac getting moved back anytime soon.

He’s got a pattern of seeming over awed or nervous when he comes up.

Hopefully it’s just nerves and given he’ll almost certainly get an extended run at it this time it will sort itself out.

He has shown quite a bit at VFL level but I reckon he’s better suited to the role that Lever plays than the pure lock down he’s being asked to play now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back