Traded Harrison Wigg [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
One that not many Non-Crows fans would be familar with, but I think Wigg carries some real upside for a club looking for an accumulating half back / midfield with a great big left boot.

Originally drafted Round 2, Selection 35 by the Adelaide Crows in 2014,

Was selected in the All Australian under 18 team at under 18 level and was said to have an 'elite kick'

Was selected as AFL emergency twice in 2016, but never got a game,

This has been his season so far in the SANFL: (I'm predicting a top 3 finish in the Magarey medal)

Rd 1: 21 disposals, five tackles, four rebound 50ms, three marks, two clearances, one inside 50m
Rd 2: 30 disposals, seven marks, seven inside 50ms, four rebound 50ms, four clearances, two tackles
Rd 3: DNP - AFL Emergency
Rd 4:
21 disposals, six inside 50ms, four marks, three tackles, one clearance, one rebound 50m, one goal
Rd 5: 28 disposals, six inside 50ms, four marks, three rebound 50ms, two clearances
Rd 6: 38 disposals, 13 clearances, nine inside 50ms, five tackles, four marks, two rebound 50ms
Rd 7: 22 disposals, eight tackles, five marks, five inside 50ms, 2 clearances, one rebound 50m, one goal
Rd 8: 18 disposals, six rebound 50ms, four inside 50m, three tackles, three marks, two clearances
Rd 9: 30 disposals, nine clearances, six inside 50ms, five tackles, four rebound 50ms, 3 marks, two goals
Rd 10: 15 disposals, five tackles, four clearances, three inside 50ms, one rebound 50m
Rd 11: DNP - Injured
Rd 12:
25 disposals, six clearances, five marks, four tackles, four rebound 50ms, three inside 50ms
Rd 13: 17 disposals, five tackles, three clearances, two marks, two inside 50ms
Rd 14: 27 disposals, eight clearances, seven inside 50ms, five marks, four tackles, one rebound 50m
Rd 15: 34 disposals, 10 inside 50ms, nine marks, eight rebound 50ms, six clearances, three tackles
Rd 16: DNP - Injured
Rd 17:
25 disposals, seven tackles, six clearances, four marks, four rebound 50ms

I've been hoping all year that the Crows throw him a game just to see how he goes at AFL level (he did play a bit in the pre season comp and looked nervous at times, but got his hands on the ball plenty)

But maybe another club would be willing to give him a go?

I would say a late round draft pick would get the job done, perhaps he even gets delisted and picked up for nothing - But I really hope he gets a go,.. deserves it.

Last edited:

I think we've developed him pretty well for a club to pick up a bargain. We've played him inside a lot so his contested game has improved and that will be a bonus for a side that is looking for a half back or 2nd possession type midfielder. Will cost little and there's nothing suggesting that he's not AFL quality yet. Definitely worth the punt. As the OP said, he got it plenty of times in his preseason games this year, but did butcher it a bit by foot in those games though.

I know that North have enquired, we don't really have an accumulator off half back that can get big numbers and with Sam Wright injured we could do with a bit more depth back there.

We were keen on him in his draft year too.

Both clubs would be foolish to let that be the reason why trades don't go ahead this year and in the future.
True. Given our ladder position, I would be happy to use our 4th rounder, which will obviously be early and close to other teams 3rd.

Considering we don't have a 2nd round pick for this draft (at this stage) I would prefer to keep our 3rd.

Not sure that would satisfy you at all though.

Perhaps a 3/4 way trade including Balic, Menzel, Wigg, Boekhorst type of players...?

True. Given our ladder position, I would be happy to use our 4th rounder, which will obviously be early and close to other teams 3rd.

Considering we don't have a 2nd round pick for this draft (at this stage) I would prefer to keep our 3rd.

Not sure that would satisfy you at all though.

Perhaps a 3/4 way trade including Balic, Menzel, Wigg, Boekhorst type of players...?

4th rd pick for Wigg sounds right to me :)

That's my view anyway. Doesn't need to be complicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could get a mid fourth rounder to get us some additional points to cover our father son pick (Jackson Edwards) I reckon we'd be really happy.

Likely delisted without playing a game which is a shame. Has been a real victim of Adelaide playing the least number of players of any club over the past couple of years. Would have debuted if he was on the list of any other club due to this simple fact.

If we could get a mid fourth rounder to get us some additional points to cover our father son pick (Jackson Edwards) I reckon we'd be really happy.

Likely delisted without playing a game which is a shame. Has been a real victim of Adelaide playing the least number of players of any club over the past couple of years. Would have debuted if he was on the list of any other club due to this simple fact.
Jackson Edwards look any good? I've heard very little about him. His dad was a gun.

Jackson Edwards look any good? I've heard very little about him. His dad was a gun.
Buckenara has him about pick 25. Playing Sanfl this year and sounds like he's going ok. A bit of a sweet left footed outside player but also sounds like he needs to learn to win his own ball a bit more.

Others will have a much better informed opinion than me. Bicks?

Elite kick, ball magnet, wonderful set of stats really. Is Adelaide having a plethora of HBFs the only reason why he can't get a game or is there something else going on here?

I'd be mega keen if he had the ability to move up to the wing.

How tall is he? Where has he mostly played this year in the SANFL?

And where the hell does the SANFL have the player stats! Where did you get them?

Last edited:
Elite kick, ball magnet, wonderful set of stats really. Is Adelaide having a plethora of HBFs the only reason why he can't get a game or is there something else going on here?

I'd be mega keen if he had the ability to move up to the wing.

That would be the only reason he is not getting a game. He is regularly the leading disposal getter for us in the SANFL and he needs to take the place of Smith or Laird.

As we turn over our list once again, I would be happy to have this bloke in our squad. Not sure we can get a trade done with Adelaide given last years episode though.
He's probably worth a first and second rounder given his form and how important he is to our depth:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back