Harry & Ben McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Way to early to say anything and yet they definitively won't be better than anyone?

I agree with Lynch as he's the best kpf in the league, along with Franklin.

As for McCartin, he hasn't demonstrated anything yet to say that he will be definatively better than anyone.
Fair shout but I said 'I don't see either being better,' implying it's my opinion rather than a definitive statement, and would argue Mccartin has shown enough to suggest you're going to have to be a pretty good player to be better than him, but it's certainly possible obviously, just think Mccartin has terrific footy smarts to go with terrific hands that'll mean he becomes a very good KPF.

I was fortunate to watch Werribee & Northern Blues on the weekend and was thinking watching the match that these 2 are going to be the best forwards of 2015 draft once they get going in 2017 season. Both 200cm Giants and both seem like will have no trouble breaking into their senior squads in 2017 as realistically cannot see any players keeping them out of their respected squads. Sure Schache and Weideman were both taken earlier in the draft but just guy feel these 2 will be on par or possibly out perform both next year

Harry McKay taken by Carlton at Pick 10. Super athletic and seems in my opinion an extension of Tom Boyd. Dominant in the ruck and pushes forward and kicks goals. Since returning from back injury has shown why taken top 10

Ben McKay taken by NMFC at 21. Very versitle playing both ends but think will settle forward

Where do we all see the McKay brothers compared to other key forwards taken within last 3 years?
Will they be more dominant than or as dominant as Jesse Hogan or Tom Lynch and will they prove to be better than forwards taken at #1 and #2 like Tom Boyd, Paddy McCartin and Josh Schache or too early to make that assumption?

You were clearly watching the wrong game as Harry was neither dominant in the ruck nor pushed forward and kicked goals. He had a massive total of zero hitouts, zero goals and five disposals. He looked garbage and was chasing tail all game. Ben was the far better of the brothers kicking two goals and clunking some nice marks, but neither of them were overly impressive and this was definitely not the weekend to be writing a puff piece thread like this.

Forget where players were drafted, Schache, Hipwood and Weideman have shown a hell of a lot more than the McKay brothers this year.

You were clearly watching the wrong game as Harry was neither dominant in the ruck nor pushed forward and kicked goals. He had a massive total of zero hitouts, zero goals and five disposals. He looked garbage and was chasing tail all game. Ben was the far better of the brothers kicking two goals and clunking some nice marks, but neither of them were overly impressive and this was definitely not the weekend to be writing a puff piece thread like this.

Forget where players were drafted, Schache, Hipwood and Weideman have shown a hell of a lot more than the McKay brothers this year.

The previous week Harry kicked 3 goals and week before that he kicked 2. You also have to consider the fact been out most of the year with a back injury. I rate both McKay brothers highly but think Harry ahead on athletic ability. Ben is very mobile to NMFC. Schache I argue hasn't shown a lot neither Weideman. Eric Hipwood you have a valid case as been impressive for Lions

The previous week Harry kicked 3 goals and week before that he kicked 2. You also have to consider the fact been out most of the year with a back injury. I rate both McKay brothers highly but think Harry ahead on athletic ability. Ben is very mobile to NMFC. Schache I argue hasn't shown a lot neither Weideman. Eric Hipwood you have a valid case as been impressive for Lions
Averaged a goal a game in a deplorable side as well as 1.31 contested marks, can't possibly say he hasn't shown a lot when you're saying McKay has for kicking 5 goals in 3 weeks in the vfl

Averaged a goal a game in a deplorable side as well as 1.31 contested marks, can't possibly say he hasn't shown a lot when you're saying McKay has for kicking 5 goals in 3 weeks in the vfl

Only time will tell who becomes the better forward and who develops better between Josh and Harry. Both only first year players

Way too soon to judge the McKay brothers.
Both are a great size and appear quite athletic.

Saw Ben on the weekend. He has been developing in the VFL and looks a likely type.

Harry has been out for 12 weeks with a back injury and two weeks with a virus so his development opportunities have been next to zero. I like it that he has kicked a couple of goals in the VFL but he needs a lot more time to develop; would be surprised if he plays AFL this year (unless they throw him in against Essendon for the last round).

Hipwood, Schache have the benefit of continuity/development in the AFL - both look like they have a good future.

Weideman has kicked 20 goals for the season while Schache has been playing as the #1 forward in the seniors. Both have shown more individually than the McKay brothers combined. You're as biased as they get.

Weideman has kicked 20 goals for the season while Schache has been playing as the #1 forward in the seniors. Both have shown more individually than the McKay brothers combined. You're as biased as they get.
That Simon White though...

Superstar.

I was fortunate to watch Werribee & Northern Blues on the weekend and was thinking watching the match that these 2 are going to be the best forwards of 2015 draft once they get going in 2017 season. Both 200cm Giants and both seem like will have no trouble breaking into their senior squads in 2017 as realistically cannot see any players keeping them out of their respected squads. Sure Schache and Weideman were both taken earlier in the draft but just guy feel these 2 will be on par or possibly out perform both next year

Harry McKay taken by Carlton at Pick 10. Super athletic and seems in my opinion an extension of Tom Boyd. Dominant in the ruck and pushes forward and kicks goals. Since returning from back injury has shown why taken top 10

Ben McKay taken by NMFC at 21. Very versitle playing both ends but think will settle forward

Where do we all see the McKay brothers compared to other key forwards taken within last 3 years?
Will they be more dominant than or as dominant as Jesse Hogan or Tom Lynch and will they prove to be better than forwards taken at #1 and #2 like Tom Boyd, Paddy McCartin and Josh Schache or too early to make that assumption?
Oh please..

Do not even mention these guys in the same breath as Tom Lynch and Jesse Hogan in any way of form.

Hogan was monstering VFL defenders and kicking bags of 6 as a 17 year old playing in his underage year.

Josh Schache is already light years ahead of these 2 and will just continue to get even better next year while Sam Weideman with no pre season for 2 years has already kicked 21 goals from 12 games and looks possibly to debut this week.

Oh please..

Do not even mention these guys in the same breath as Tom Lynch and Jesse Hogan in any way of form.

Hogan was monstering VFL defenders and kicking bags of 6 as a 17 year old playing in his underage year.

Josh Schache is already light years ahead of these 2 and will just continue to get even better next year while Sam Weideman with no pre season for 2 years has already kicked 21 goals from 12 games and looks possibly to debut this week.

Only really a matter of opinion even from me about who will be the better forward in the long run
Obviously Blues recruited Harry to be next big key forward
Melbourne recruited Sam Weideman to be a supporting big forward next to Jesse Hogan
same can be said about Ben McKay as see him as more of a supporting forward rather than the main go-to guy

Josh Schache for me doesn't kick a great deal and doesn't rack up a lot of possession. Maybe his first year but not convinced on his abilities just yet

Me personally right now I'd have
Harry McKay ahead of the other forwards because of his big frame. Then Ben McKay including ahead of Weideman and Schache
Next year I could have different opinion on the matter

Both are at a similar level; albeit Harry has been out injured most of the year with a back injury.

Ben looks really strong and aggressive. Had a few really good moments on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both are at a similar level; albeit Harry has been out injured most of the year with a back injury.

Ben looks really strong and aggressive. Had a few really good moments on the weekend.

Overall I think Harry is the more complete of the two. Ben is big project player
Both I think will have big 2017. Harry needs to stay injury free

Weideman will debut this year. This week if Hogan doesn't get up. No idea where Mckay is at

Hipwood will be the best KPF out of the last years draft. He is an absolute freak, can do some very special things and he reminds me a lot of Franklin, think the kid can be that good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back